The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

The first long answer on meiosis was a god send.

Who predicted that yesterday?!
Original post by NilaJ
That's what I put

what automated dna question????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Brownclown
What did people put for the elk crap? I BS about predator prey relationship, competitive exclusion principle, abiotic and biotic factors and carrying capacity

I basically just threw everything I knew on the topic in and half of it was irrelevant lol

Pretty much the same ahaha. I wrote something like the wolves will eat rabbits that also are herbivores so there's more food for the deer so their numbers increased. But I put in abiotic, predator prey etc ahaha
Reply 4303
What did people put for the elk crap? I BS about predator prey relationship, competitive exclusion principle, abiotic and biotic factors and carrying capacity

I basically just threw everything I knew on the topic in and half of it was irrelevant lol

Intraspecific competion, carrying capacity, density dependent factors, predator-prey..basically a load of nonsense
IN NEED OF AN UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME
someones gonna have to take one for the team and make it?!!
please please please?
Reply 4305
Original post by p208134
I put mitosis for the first than meiosis...
Also for the saliva one I said saliva... that is where the genetic material is coming from :P
Although i just realsied it came from white blood cells -.-

I wrote cheek cells. Do you think I'd get a mark??
Original post by Jacob Choi
I said it came from amino acids in digestive enzymes

Apparentely it was about cheek cells falling into the saliva.. don't know how we'd know that but it makes sense i guess
Ocr exams aren't a test of biology they're a test of common knowledge and that annoys me so much
bye future :smile:
Original post by ijc1
I wrote cheek cells. Do you think I'd get a mark??

I wrote cheek cells aswell lol hopefully we get the mark
Original post by Ahem-
Intraspecific competion, carrying capacity, density dependent factors, predator-prey..basically a load of nonsense

Would intra and interspecific competition be okay?
Reply 4311
Original post by kewla1
Would intra and interspecific competition be okay?

I guess so
Ocr exams aren't a test of biology they're a test of common knowledge and that annoys me so much

EXACTLY WTF

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by p208134
Apparentely it was about cheek cells falling into the saliva.. don't know how we'd know that but it makes sense i guess

YES

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4314
Ive got 20-25 ums to play with, hopefully i've got atleast a low B to get thd A overall.
What was the question about electrophoresis?! I may have missed a page
Original post by kewla1
What was the question about electrophoresis?! I may have missed a page

It didn't mention electrophoresis but asked about a way to order DNA fragments by size. The answer was electrophoresis
Reply 4317
Tbh I hope grade boundaries are lower than last year (last year was 63 for an A). The exam timetables this yesr were ridiculous, having f325 and f215 one day apart so i think people didn't get to revise as much whereas compared to last year there was like a 4 day gap between them, but I have no idea lol probably just my wishful thinking.. This year's papers could have been easier or harder too. Lol i have no idea
I wasn't electrophoresis it was about fluorescent markers creating different wavelengths as the sequence is stopped meaning there is variation in size
Original post by Aidenjordan
It didn't mention electrophoresis but asked about a way to order DNA fragments by size. The answer was electrophoresis

OMG i think ive missed a page!!!!!! was it a 1 marker? :O :O
can you tell me about the questions after it so i can remember if i did it or not...I remember a question about PCR in the question which was a 4 marker after the drawing of the stuff but idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending