The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by talkbiology
Lol at the cannabinoid calcium ion question, my whole answer was like, "calcium ions wouldn't diffuse into the knob where they wouldn't cause vesicles to fuse with the presynaptic membrane, which wouldn't then release acetylcholine which wouldn't diffuse across the synaptic cleft" etc. Since it asked how it prevented muscle contraction, I didn't know where to stop so wrote a bit too much for that one haha. Lovely question though :biggrin:

That was exactly the same with me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
why was it better for the cannabanoids to not affect the brain?????

I just said that it wouldn't cause long te mental health problems or alter the state of mind- what did other people say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did u have to write the essay question?? I just wrote my essay and circled the question.. That better be ok.
How depressing that it was the first question on the paper...

so depressing like what even was the answer? like why is it good for myosin filaments to join together I have no idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yess I did :frown: and got something like 3.36:1 thought it was right until I came on here!
Lol at the cannabinoid calcium ion question, my whole answer was like, "calcium ions wouldn't diffuse into the knob where they wouldn't cause vesicles to fuse with the presynaptic membrane, which wouldn't then release acetylcholine which wouldn't diffuse across the synaptic cleft" etc. Since it asked how it prevented muscle contraction, I didn't know where to stop so wrote a bit too much for that one haha. Lovely question though :biggrin:

Exactly what I did, wanted to make sure I got those marks haha
I only wrote about 3.5 pages for my essay, and it only encompassed four points that I'd chosen (10b):

Mitosis
Artificial selection
Productivity
DNA technology

Is that bad in terms of content covered?
Original post by may_1

I just said that it wouldn't cause long te mental health problems or alter the state of mind- what did other people say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally wrote so you are not high all the time haha
How depressing that it was the first question on the paper...

Yea.. I'm surprised I didn't completely flop this exam... well not to my knowledge yet anyway... I thought I'd do worse.. given the little revision that I did for this exam... Think I mainly flopped question 1... I just hope I can get atleast a mid B for this exam...
(edited 8 years ago)
questionaire question was a bit dodgy
Original post by polarbear123
Yess I did :frown: and got something like 3.36:1 thought it was right until I came on here!

Wasnt it 2.2 : 1 or something??
Original post by IIXIIOIIXII
questionaire question was a bit dodgy

I said that the parents wouldnt awnser truthfully and the quesations could be leading . Ahha no idea
who else ran out of time for the essay lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did exactly the same LOL
Yeah it was confusing indeed...I said something along the lines of myosin molecules not being able to move relative to each other which prevented the power stroke from occurring? It was a bit depressing that that was the first question, tbh. It was one of the hardest questions on the paper I thought :':wink:
Yeah. It really put me off because I couldn't answer the first few questions at all, and I thought it was gonna be a disaster. But I felt for the most part that the paper got easier as it went on.

Original post by may_1

Pretty much what I said. I said that cannabinoids cause unwanted psychological side-effects, and that stopping them from entering the brain would prevent that. But I felt like they'd be looking for a more content-related answer so I think maybe they wanted you to say something about how it wouldn't inhibit synapses in the brain (or whatever it does, I can't remember).
Original post by lyricallies
Did anyone else put you shouldn't use cannabis because they would get high ? 😂

I started thinking of that song you hear in the background of vines it goes "I was gonna clean my room... but then i got high.." lol

but i put that MS people have to take more cannasomething so that means more chance of cannabis entering brain so require inhibitor more to prevent this blah blah blah lol
ssane D
Original post by Faaiz Shah
I said that the parents wouldnt awnser truthfully and the quesations could be leading . Ahha no idea

same for the untruthful bit but for the second reason I put about parents might not answer the question properly?? Ohh well nice paper though not that much genetics in it suprisingly
So what do we think grade boundaries? Id say 72 A*, 65 A, 57 B, 51 C, 47 D, 44 E??
Does anyone know the answer to the DNA methylation question?
aqa smoking weed everyday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending