The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bustamove
Doesn't ATPase create ATP? not break it down?
I didn't do as much revision as I'd liked... I flopped that table
I may have misread to question... maybe it said what created ATP... well I messed up the very first table XD

Lol dunno . The other would be adpase right??
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
it's probably wrong because i didn't revise it but i wrote tropomyosin for the last one, and actin filament and myosin heads for other two can't remember the order

ah same... I wrote tropomyosin for the last one... I think I wrote actin? for the second and myosin head for the first.... probably got them wrong
Guys as well as writing about homeostatic temperature and chemo receptors and taxes/tropisms I also swore about change in water potential (water is external environment that changes) and anaerobic respiration as response to changes in O2 in the environment. Is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by may_1
DID NOT ONE OTHER PERSON FIND THIS PAPER HARD WAAAAAAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well. It was easier than last year. 71-70 for a*
Is there such thing as adpase?
Original post by Faaiz Shah
Lol dunno . The other would be adpase right??
Original post by Maverick07
Guys as well as writing about homeostatic temperature and chemo receptors and taxes/tropisms I also swore about change in water potential (water is external environment that changes) and anaerobic respiration as response to changes in O2 in the environment. Is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No thats good.
I wrote down oxygen affinity and partial pressure for some reason ahha.
Original post by may_1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's ATPase, breaks down ATP into ADP and Pi, providing energy for myosin head to move and detach etc.

atp synthase makes atp atpase breaks down atp?
2 Exams Left! Nearly over.......YAAAAAAS!!
I would like to thank who ever stole the biology exam and gave us that paper !
Original post by Martin11
It's ATPase, breaks down ATP into ADP and Pi, providing energy for myosin head to move and detach etc.

ah damn.... thank you :smile:
Original post by Faaiz Shah
Hey guys for the monoclinal antibody one i said all the competitive inhibition stuff correctly but also randomly mentioned antibodies destroying growth factors. Would that negate my marks??

Antibodies bind to the growth hormone, so that the growth hormone can't bind to the cancer cell.
Original post by Laurasage
Does anyone know the answer to the DNA methylation question?

I think I put with no transcription there will be no mRNA for the tRNA's anticodon loop to attach to therefore no polypeptide sequence something something something
Original post by may_1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was ok because the questions were straightforward and particularly those with the long stems didn't have information overload, it didn't seem like they were attempting to catch us out as much

but my 3 friends said it was bad so you're not alone :biggrin:
Original post by AmyT997
2.27:1 :smile: will just depend on graph reading but hopefully we're right :smile:

Ye i got 2.27 as well 118:52 i think
Original post by smoothER
Antibodies bind to the growth hormone, so that the growth hormone can't bind to the cancer cell.

yay I put that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanL_
Oh ****. I wrote "b" at the top of my plan, but I wrote (and planned) the essay on responding to internal/external conditions.:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

I used extra paper too and I think I wrote 10b on that too.

****! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Don't worry! Pretty sure your examiner will realize which question you've answered :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah damn.. okay I got that wrong...
Original post by IIXIIOIIXII
atp synthase makes atp atpase breaks down atp?
Original post by smoothER

Ahhhh. I think i got atleast 2 on that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending