The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just realised we play most of the other big boys at home first. That's not a good thing tbh.

Liverpool at home
Chelsea away
Man Utd at home
Spurs at home
Man City at home

Points are crucial in all parts of the season but when we play most of the 'big' matches away in the same period of time it can be difficult ngl. :sigh:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Just realised we play most of the other big boys at home first. That's not a good thing tbh.

Liverpool at home
Chelsea away
Man Utd at home
Spurs at home
Man City at home

Points are crucial in all parts of the season but when we play most of the 'big' matches away in the same period of time it can be difficult ngl. :sigh:

It's the early kick offs, particularly in the big games, that you should worry about. Can't think of any against the big sides that you've won for a few year tbh.
Original post by The Shed End
It's the early kick offs, particularly in the big games, that you should worry about. Can't think of any against the big sides that you've won for a few year tbh.

No ****ing way. Ffs :facepalm:

No clue why everyone's jizzing over the fixtures tbh, not that great.
All of the away fixture against the top teams are nicely spread out though, mostly one big game a month bar January where we have chelsea stoke and liverpool i believe
Having said that, those first 4 games in august are definitely losable though, 2 notoriously tough away games, liverpool and west ham with a new manager at home, if we **** up a few of them it'll be back to the standard crisis mode before the transfer window even closes
Original post by leinad2012
Having said that, those first 4 games in august are definitely losable though, 2 notoriously tough away games, liverpool and west ham with a new manager at home, if we **** up a few of them it'll be back to the standard crisis mode before the transfer window even closes

Geez any game is losable but let's back into reality for a second.

We have notoriously good record against West Ham, it actually one of my favourite games of the season. They're always entertaining and it's a bit of a classic novelty match up. Apply the same to Palace really.

Once again Liverpool at Home doesn't bother me, we always tend to play them off the park. I wouldn't lose any sleep over Steve McClaren Newcastle tbh
Original post by sevchenko

We have notoriously good record against West Ham, it actually one of my favourite games of the season. They're always entertaining and it's a bit of a classic novelty match up. Apply the same to Palace really.

Once again Liverpool at Home doesn't bother me, we always tend to play them off the park. I wouldn't lose any sleep over Steve McClaren Newcastle tbh

Pretty much this. Palace/West ham have big victories throughout the season but usually they aren't against us, we dispel them comfortably.
Original post by sevchenko

Good point we are normally strong at home against west ham and Liverpool, forgot newcastle had steve as manager that shouldn't be to much of a problem. Palace will be tough, i expect dropped points there tbh
We usually drop points/struggle against Pardiola rather than Newcastle, so should maybe worry more about Palace. You guys should easily get almost max points from the last 2/3 months of the season, especially after your standard pathetic Champions League RO16 exit in February.
Original post by leinad2012
Good point we are normally strong at home against west ham and Liverpool, forgot newcastle had steve as manager that shouldn't be to much of a problem. Palace will be tough, i expect dropped points there tbh

Nah that one I'm fairly chilled on. Don't think so tbh. Albeit it will be tough though.

Please don't think of putting this in FF quote of the year 2016 tnx. :colonhash:
Agree with the run in, last 9 games are absolute piss bar city, would expect 25 points minimum
Reply 2171
Original post by Depleted
You don't do sarcasm do you

Was a tiring day mate, wasn't with it at all.

Just wanted to post that anyway, needed a reason to do so
So...Cech for Ox? Whaddya think?
Original post by Nichrome
So...Cech for Ox? Whaddya think?

:hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ox has already made a pretty decent save against us.

Watch Wenger either refuse to part with Chamberlain, thus losing Cech to United or PSG; or Wenger exchanging Chamberlain for Cech, and Arsenal fans going in on him calling him a snake/standard death threats.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ox has already made a pretty decent save against us.

Watch Wenger either refuse to part with Chamberlain, thus losing Cech to United or PSG; or Wenger exchanging Chamberlain for Cech, and Arsenal fans going in on him calling him a snake/standard death threats.

If that is the trade mooted, Wenger really cannot win. Would rather pay £12m suggested than give up ox.

Liking the fixture list though, big games not bunched together, good run in, decent start.
21 year old home grown in exchange for a 31 year old 2nd current choice keeper, major lols
Sad really that our 2nd choice keeper would be far and away your best.
Sad really that our 21 year old current bench warmer would walk into you 1st XI
Sad really that our 2nd choice keeper would be far and away your best.

Not really saying much when he'd be the best keeper in the league after De Gea leaves anyway

Latest