The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by actanide
the equation of (change of lambda/lab lambda) = (velocity/speed of light) one, and probably the v=(lambda * frequency) one from last year

I presume this works for both if the source is moving and when the observer is moving? Also thanks.
This may be a really silly question but if the age of the universe is 1/H0, and H0 is a constant (the gradient of v/x graph) then how can the age of the universe ever change?
Original post by randlemcmurphy
This may be a really silly question but if the age of the universe is 1/H0, and H0 is a constant (the gradient of v/x graph) then how can the age of the universe ever change?

Because it isn't accurate

Galaxies will be around the line, not exactly on it

It's a line of best fit so, H0 is approximate
Original post by SkilledNChilled
I presume this works for both if the source is moving and when the observer is moving? Also thanks.

I think you are making this way too complicated than it should be :wink: technically speaking, our Galaxy is moving through universe just as other Galaxies are. Its about the change of the wavelenght between the one we observe here on earth and the one from distant galaxies. So yeah, both source and objects can be moving, but for the simplicity, you say that the receiver stays still and there is a change in wavelenght/frequency of the source
Anyone done the specimen paper? I need help in question 4, I have no idea how to draw the graph of induced EMF.

Hate graphs.
Original post by randlemcmurphy

H0 is said to be constant, but really it should be called the 'Hubble nearly constant', since it's value is so uncertain. It's supposedly between 50 and 100 km/s/Mpc and normally we use a value of 70, which gives an age of approximately 13.7 billion years. This value changes depending on the value of H0 used within the given range.
Capture.PNG someone halp pls
I think you are making this way too complicated than it should be :wink: technically speaking, our Galaxy is moving through universe just as other Galaxies are. Its about the change of the wavelenght between the one we observe here on earth and the one from distant galaxies. So yeah, both source and objects can be moving, but for the simplicity, you say that the receiver stays still and there is a change in wavelenght/frequency of the source

Thanks! :biggrin:
I was way more prepared for G484 which makes absolutely no sense
Reply 1030
Capture.PNG someone halp pls

that was the most stupid question ever
Reply 1031
Could someone pls explain 9.(c) in June14, preferably with a diagram? Cheers.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434540632.795327.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was a complete waste of my time going into school
There are two medical tracers, technetium and FDG-18. I know FDG is used for PET but what is the technetium used for? Please help.
Original post by ETRC
that was the most stupid question ever

Capture.PNG i got something like this, do you reckon its correct?
Original post by Elcor
Was a complete waste of my time going into school

My teacher tried to make me go in today and he said 'we'll go through a past paper' and i told him i would go but i didn't bother in the end. I need to do all the past papers today and the time it would take me to get there didn't seem worth it especially considering we would probably spend the whole day on just one paper.:colonhash:
Original post by sagar448
There are two medical tracers, technetium and FDG-18. I know FDG is used for PET but what is the technetium used for? Please help.

technetium is very transferrable around the body, mixed with glucose and other substances. It can be used to detect if a kidney is healthy. It goes through the kidney the same as water etc, and if the kidney is faulty, itll give off bigger radiation from that area, meaning the kidney doesnt pass liquids well
Capture.PNG i got something like this, do you reckon its correct?

no it should be like a digital wave i.e. 2 horizontal lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
no it should be like a digital wave i.e. 2 horizontal lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

Capture.PNG like this? or should it connect to the x-axis?
Capture.PNG like this? or should it connect to the x-axis?

Yeah connected

It's because the rate of change of flux linkage is constant as the coil is moving at a constant velocity - hence constant e.m.f. induced

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending