Mitosis and meiosis
Dna replication
Courtship
Is the ratio 2.27:1 ???? ****!!!
I got 118:52 i think
Original post by Faaiz Shah
I loved the gel electro question.
Did u talk about parent being homozygous recessive/dominant
And offspring hetrozygous and then i talked about about why the R was further then r

Yeah
Ye i got 2.27 as well 118:52 i think

Would you get 1 or 2 marks for putting 118:53?
Original post by smoothER
Yeah

Phew
I loved the gel electro question.
Did u talk about parent being homozygous recessive/dominant
And offspring hetrozygous and then i talked about about why the R was further then r

Ooo I did that, though I used the letters rather than saying parent was homozygous or offspring being hetero. Yay I got some marks...maybe
What did people put for the question about gel electrophoresis and using the info to explain the results or something? I hated that question -.- I just put one parent is homozygous dominant and one recessive the recessive allele moves the least as it is the largest fragment and vice versa...
Original post by Phillipsabi7
Would you get 1 or 2 marks for putting 118:53?

Probs two. Ppl on here saying it was 118:56 so they will have large range but i think as long as u did 118:52 plus or minus 2 u will get 2 marks :smile:
Have to say I revised for a day missed most of genetics out and still thought that was such a nice paper. Thanks AQA :smile:
Original post by Martin11
Ooo I did that, though I used the letters rather than saying parent was homozygous or offspring being hetero. Yay I got some marks...maybe

Oh phew! That's something along the lines of what I put :smile:
what did everyone put for the one about the IAA and describing why the root moved down because of the carrier proteins?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Martin11

I was gonna use letters but i am stupid so i forgot ahhah. I think i lost 1 mark on questionnaire and 3 on monoclonal and i think i got atleast 17 on essay
How about u bro??
Probs two. Ppl on here saying it was 118:56 so they will have large range but i think as long as u did 118:52 plus or minus 2 u will get 2 marks :smile:

I think you will loose the mark for not rounding, just for my experience with past papers..
Original post by may_1
what did everyone put for the one about the IAA and describing why the root moved down because of the carrier proteins?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why the roots moved down was it not why the roots moved away from the salt ?
Original post by biojames
Why the roots moved down was it not why the roots moved away from the salt ?

yeah that's what I mean what did you put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by biojames
Have to say I revised for a day missed most of genetics out and still thought that was such a nice paper. Thanks AQA :smile:

I think the van hijackers are the real heroes here
Original post by jessiebon
I think you will loose the mark for not rounding, just for my experience with past papers..

Its not accurate to say 2.3:1 or 2.2:1 theres such a huge difference. Lol i dunno i thought 2.d.p would be minimum since the question didnt specify.

What du u think the grade boundries will be??
Anyone got a cheeky unofficial markscheme 👌
Original post by Plasmapause
I have.
I mentioned domestic rearing, In vitro replication, the proof that DNA is hereditary material and other stuff

Original post by Kittyflorence
Anyone know the exam question for the second essay

I did
Protein synthesis
Oestrous
Mitosis and meiosis
Dna replication
Courtship

The importance to humans of controlling growth, development and reproduction of organisms. (something like that anyways)
I talked about intensive farming, preventing succession, tumour supressors and treating cystic fibrosis (process of making recombinant dna and using viruses etc) Do you think that is ok/irrelevant? Thanks!
Original post by may_1
yeah that's what I mean what did you put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone to do with the side with the salt had more carrier proteins so more iaa moves out down the conc gradient allowing it to elongate. Then a bit about water potential what about you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending