The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Where is the hitler video? Why is not trending? Where is the petition? :frown:
For the question about the diameter of the bronchioles, did anyone write smooth muscle contracts to constrict the airway?? Or was the question asking what the drug does to the airway to stop the effects of asthma?? Ahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the population that went through the most genetic drift with the Weinberg equations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaisyChain1
I literally guessed all of the answers, how is it fair to ask about AS when that isn't on the f215 spec??

The paper is synoptic...
Dear OCR
Can you please tell me how the FUC¥ you would like us to Answer your ****t¥ open questions!?

Alternatively I we could just continue to write Bloody essays to gain 3 marks be cause WE DONT KNOW WHAT of the 9 possible answers to every question you would PrEFeRE!!!!
I hate you so much you are possibly the ****ty .... Est exam board in the whole of the UK if not the universe!
did anyone put nicotine was a selective advantage?
my thought process was
-more nicotine produced so used more resources so less seeds produced
-therefore plant passes less of their alleles for susceptibility to insects to their offspring
-plants that produce less nicotine and therefore more seeds pass on their alleles for insect resistance?
Original post by cinderella25
Ikr. I don't want to retake this stupid paper because it will be worse next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly! They are just gonna get worse
Original post by gh1290
For the question about the diameter of the bronchioles, did anyone write smooth muscle contracts to constrict the airway?? Or was the question asking what the drug does to the airway to stop the effects of asthma?? Ahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said elastic tissue is less flexible (something to that effect) and smooth muscle contracts to reduce the size of the lumen.
Original post by ojstratton
What was the population that went through the most genetic drift with the Weinberg equations

Posted from TSR Mobile

C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4449
That exam was worse than seeing John Snow get stabbed to death in GoT
What did you guys write for the question on the somatic gene therapy with the S drug (don't remember its name) being less effective? I talked about the immune system developing a resistance, something to that effect
Original post by hamza3256
did anybody write geographical isolation (i.e allopatric speciation) for one of the question, and
Genetic drift for the very next question?

I wrote exactly the same but really wasn't sure about genetic drift. It was a wild guess by that point haha
Original post by wanna get laid
Im on a gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many times did you get laid on your gap year?
Original post by MEMEW
Is everyone mad, it's the single most worst exam ive ever seen, awful

Same,awful awful awful
Original post by j0shth0m
did anyone put nicotine was a selective advantage?
my thought process was
-more nicotine produced so used more resources so less seeds produced
-therefore plant passes less of their alleles for susceptibility to insects to their offspring
-plants that produce less nicotine and therefore more seeds pass on their alleles for insect resistance?

mentioned dis- less seeds
and adv- defense mechanism against insects

Damn, put B as it was a bigger population than C and still quite a lot of genetic drift.....
Original post by Amelia_21
It went downhill from the first question. I don't even know how to describe the paper. It was never ending and each question got even more stupid and un-doable.

I Got stuck on the first question...
Original post by Lizzieee4
Exactly what I did but I got 36.... Did that mean you accepted or rejected the hypothesis though?

You reject i think, you only accept when it is smaller than 11.35.I thinkBut it was 1400 something.
Original post by Harry1996
What did you guys write for the question on the somatic gene therapy with the S drug (don't remember its name) being less effective? I talked about the immune system developing a resistance, something to that effect

Whaah? Isnt this the mutation question

It would be less effective because the receptor (a protein) has the incorrect shape due to mutation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone get 1400 something for the chi squared shizz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending