The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone making a mark scheme or shall I? And if not, a list of all of the questions would be a good start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kittyflorence
I think I miss interpreted the question :frown: I thought it meant like growth etc in humans and other organisms!!! So yours would all be rigjt:frown:

I think yours will be right too! :smile: I figure as long as you talked about growth and why it was important it will be ok! Don't worry most marks for science content anyways, loads of people I talked to did not enjoy the paper...
Original post by Fuenciado
Everyone did the same paper BIOL5R

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by smoothER
Everyone did the reserve paper due to the possibility of the other being leaked and also it isn't fair for some to do one and other to do another.

Some people didn't get the reserve paper on time (just like with the psychology paper yesterday); mainly those oversea.
Original post by tabi100
Ratios have to be something; 1 as you have to divide by the smaller number not the larger one

Ah ok!! :smile:
Original post by biojames
Hehe I put most of that but the question air I put about answers where they lie and then I put they can't discuss the questions/simple question Nd

Nahhhhhhh!! They have multiple awnsers. Trust. Also for the muscle think i mentioned powerstroke but didnt say how it is effected so i think i lost 1 mark there.
I did 10 a for the essay,
I talked about:
- Blood glucose concentration
-Immunity & pathogens
- haemoglobin
-heart rate response to acidity in blood

It's mostly internal changes, would I lose marks for not mentioning a lot of external changes? :/
Original post by selenlee
I talked about rate of photosynthesis being controlled in agriculture (optimum conditions) to get the best yield, linked to the second paragraph by talking about yield again but by using recombinant DNA for disease resistance, then controlling disease in humans using siRNA and finally contraceptive hormones like the oestrogen-progesterone pill and the progesterone implant and the reasons people want to delay having a baby. I wanted to talk about selective breeding but i felt like i would be jumping from topic to topic

Ah brill thanks! I wrote about photosynthesis in plan but didnt get round to it... feel we've all gone roughly ssame way with it... feeling a bit better now... thanks!
Original post by prophetkid
Some people didn't get the reserve paper on time (just like with the psychology paper yesterday); mainly those oversea.

Ahh how do you know?
I did the first essay; internal/external environments. One of the topics I wrote is muscle contraction, so sliding filament theory, and how a stimuli causes a muscle to move etc. Would that be relevant? I haven't seen anybody that included it.
Original post by DecantedOrange
More testosterone inhibits pituitary gland so no FSH/LH therefore no/less sperm or testosterone

Spositive feedback? Or negative? Question wasn't specific enough
Original post by Faaiz Shah
Nahhhhhhh!! They have multiple awnsers. Trust. Also for the muscle think i mentioned powerstroke but didnt say how it is effected so i think i lost 1 mark there.

They will have lots of things for the question air one think we are both ok :smile: for the muscle one I out stuff about power stroke no strong weak connection ummm how it does it. Not in the correct place things like that it did confuse me a bit though :smile: hope it went well for you though
Did anyone here use extra paper?
Did you put the number and the letter into the left hand column ( e.g. 9e) or just the number (09)?
Original post by ps1265A
Is anyone making a mark scheme or shall I? And if not, a list of all of the questions would be a good start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Put a thread up and we can all comment on that the questions and then do the answers after ? I can remember a few :biggrin:
Original post by bg9876
Ah brill thanks! I wrote about photosynthesis in plan but didnt get round to it... feel we've all gone roughly ssame way with it... feeling a bit better now... thanks!

yeah pretty similar :smile: I think it was a nice question it gave you more room to explore more topics than the first question I think. good luck!!
Original post by Fuenciado
I did b as well, I wrote about Oestrous cycle, meiosis and intensive farming/selective breeding

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did that one too and also wrote about human populations being affected by limiting factors etc :smile:
Original post by IIXIIOIIXII
questionaire question was a bit dodgy

Ahh yes. I said the people surveyed might not be representative of the population? and that people might lie cause they could be ashamed to admit that their parents smoke, lol.
Reply 1916
Original post by selenlee
I talked about rate of photosynthesis being controlled in agriculture (optimum conditions) to get the best yield, linked to the second paragraph by talking about yield again but by using recombinant DNA for disease resistance, then controlling disease in humans using siRNA and finally contraceptive hormones like the oestrogen-progesterone pill and the progesterone implant and the reasons people want to delay having a baby. I wanted to talk about selective breeding but i felt like i would be jumping from topic to topic

omg i thought i did the whole question wrong but i mentioned most of the things you did !!!! makes me feel better
Original post by biojames
They will have lots of things for the question air one think we are both ok :smile: for the muscle one I out stuff about power stroke no strong weak connection ummm how it does it. Not in the correct place things like that it did confuse me a bit though :smile: hope it went well for you though

Ye i only lost marks on that muscle one and antibody one and maybe one transcription question. So maybe 8-9 in the first section and like 7 marks on the essay . So i think am looking and atleast 82-80..
Assuming i lost all the marks and got no other random marks for that question.
Original post by Liastro_3109
I wrote about photosynthesis and respiration for 10.a. in terms of changing light intensity causing increased rate of photosynthesis and more ATP needed for movement for respiration. Is this relevant?

I put that
Will I lose any marks for 1:2.27 for the ratio?
Also how about these essay topics for b:
Intensive farming of animals
Growing crops in optimum conditions (all for growing population)
Finding genetic diseases using dna probes
Genetic counselling to help prevent incidence of genetic diseases
Growing fungus that produces antibiotics for prevention of pathogenic diseases
Genetically modifying crops
- I wrote about five pages on all these topics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending