The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Sorry to hear things are going so badly for you. I'd give the antidepressants a go, they might make you feel better and tbh you're probably better off doing what they say. But I know how scary it can be. :hugs:

I basically have to do as they say otherwise I'm "refusing treatment" and I'm in this place longer.
What gets you lot through your illnesses? for me it was meditation and being spiritual :smile:
Original post by CescaD96
I basically have to do as they say otherwise I'm "refusing treatment" and I'm in this place longer.

Yeah, like it's all voluntary until you're there and find out that actually it's a lot less voluntary than they initially made out. It really sucks. I hope you get well and out soon.
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, like it's all voluntary until you're there and find out that actually it's a lot less voluntary than they initially made out. It really sucks. I hope you get well and out soon.

Hopefully I'm out soon but it seems like they don't even have an idea what to do with me.
Original post by Pathway
Just hardto explain

I feel like he did what he did so he knew that it would **** me up so then its easier to control me

Hm, rationalizing is probably really hard, but try it. Nobody can control you, otherwise you would not even in your mental illness "just feel" that you are controlled, but I am pretty sure, you just did, what you do? Try to think at last time? Probably pattern repeats?

Thank you. :colondollar:

----------

Day 1: 6 ****ing phials of bloods taken today. 4 from one arm, 2 from the other when my blood stopped flowing. Christ.

Skipped dinner here because I was crying. Just want to go home. :cry2: How will this help me? They want to put me back on silly antidepressants.

The blood taking is only to rule out other illnesses, I think. Just to rule out, your state is caused by something easily treatable with meds for physical illnesses.

Why are they silly?
Original post by Nathanielle
Hm, rationalizing is probably really hard, but try it. Nobody can control you, otherwise you would not even in your mental illness "just feel" that you are controlled, but I am pretty sure, you just did, what you do? Try to think at last time? Probably pattern repeats?

The blood taking is only to rule out other illnesses, I think. Just to rule out, your state is caused by something easily treatable with meds for physical illnesses.

Why are they silly?

I'm anemic already. :rolleyes: I don't need anything else wrong with me.

I've been on them already and they did nothing for me, just made me ill.
More blood tests. :smile:
Being pushed over the edge by the neigbours builders banging in the roof. Normally it would just be an irritance but with a dissertation to write I'm already feeling stressed.
More blood tests. :smile:

Ah the excitement of hospital. :tongue:

Original post by jelly1000
Being pushed over the edge by the neigbours builders banging in the roof. Normally it would just be an irritance but with a dissertation to write I'm already feeling stressed.

:hugs: Can you go to the library or somewhere else quiet?
irrationally angry . ****ing sick of this ****
Original post by superwolf
Ah the excitement of hospital. :tongue:

:hugs: Can you go to the library or somewhere else quiet?

Unfortunatley now I'm at home the uni library is 100 odd miles away and I don't know what the internet situation is like at the local ones. I can at least go to my dads if the noise carries on say tomorrow but I'm going out later in the opposite direction to where my dad lives.
Original post by Pathway
irrationally angry . ****ing sick of this ****

:hugs:

Original post by jelly1000
Unfortunatley now I'm at home the uni library is 100 odd miles away and I don't know what the internet situation is like at the local ones. I can at least go to my dads if the noise carries on say tomorrow but I'm going out later in the opposite direction to where my dad lives.

Ah ok, that's annoying. Maybe putting on some music would make the builders less distracting?

Ah ok, that's annoying. Maybe putting on some music would make the builders less distracting?

Yeah I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion.
I'm back from college... And it went well. :woo:

:hugs: how are you?

------------------
stupid incoherent rant about ED/PTSD

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
:hugs: how are you?

------------------
stupid incoherent rant about ED/PTSD

Spoiler

I'm not bad, just having a little laze between doing stuff. :smile:

Spoiler

I'm anemic already. :rolleyes: I don't need anything else wrong with me.

I've been on them already and they did nothing for me, just made me ill.

How's the hospital? Are you coping? Finding it helpful?
I'm not bad, just having a little laze between doing stuff. :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Noodlzzz
:hi:

How's the Noodlyness? :smile:

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

How's the Noodlyness? :smile: