The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loperdoper
Maybe? I was going to put something about it only being a sample, it seems like a reasonable point

how did .............something........ elk an example of conservation
Original post by games211

It was asking about the wolf not elk
Someone bash out a mark scheme
Safe

The reintroduction of wolves be an example of conservation? I said it was because they were restoring the ecosystem after humans disrupted it.
Original post by bioagent
it was asking about the wolf not elk

seriously//////////... :frown:
Original post by Lousamnap
What do you mean decrease... Sure one increased?!

No, C had the smallest number of recessive alleles, but the initial population had a small number of recessive alleles to begin with, so the decrease due to genetic drift wasn't very big; B had the largest decrease in recessive allele frequency compared to the initial population

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beanhead pls
Original post by Beanhead456
Someone bash out a mark scheme
Safe
Unofficial Mark Scheme?
the reintroduction of wolves be an example of conservation? I said it was because they were restoring the ecosystem after humans disrupted it.

oh fair i talked about biodiversity and too much grass being eaten loooooooooool
The reintroduction of wolves be an example of conservation? I said it was because they were restoring the ecosystem after humans disrupted it.

I thought it was referring to the conservation of wolves..

Lots of elk = lots of food for wolves = conserving the species?

Posted from TSR Mobile
seriously//////////... :frown:

Yeah it was why is the introduction of wolfs an example of conservation? I just wrote a load of crap for this though.
I dunno how to feel about this exam. Better than f214 probably?

Because the elk population was increasing and not being properly controlled as their main natural predators, the grey wolf, was no longer thereto do so. Reintroduce the grey wolves and they help to manage the elk population.
Original post by wanna get laid
I thought it was referring to the conservation of wolves..

Lots of elk = lots of food for wolves = conserving the species?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The wolves were only extinct in the park, not generally (so I took that as an implication that they're not generally endangered). It just said "an example of conservation" and was talking about reintroduction hence I assumed it was discussing conservation of the park as an ecosystem
Original post by BioAgent
Oh this one was soo annoying I just talked about asexual reproduction plant runner and for humans embryo has to be split

that's correct. it's just down to chance in humans whereas asexual produces identical offspring which is normal.
Original post by Strawberry68
I dunno how to feel about this exam. Better than f214 probably?

Because the elk population was increasing and not being properly controlled as their main natural predators, the grey wolf, was no longer thereto do so. Reintroduce the grey wolves and they help to manage the elk population.

No way atleast F214 was more to the point.

agreed, this paper was a load of waffle. They didn't actually test anything from the spec.
I'm not going to bother with the exam anymore. Just going to enjoy my summer now. Good luck on exam day everyone! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes! i preferred the other exam as well, it was a bit more knowledge based. you could have totally passed this exam without revising with all the suggest questions
No hitler video=no talk on twitter=easy exam?? high grade boundaries :frown: PLEASE nooooooooooo

But I could actually make decent educated guesses and know some stuff on f215!

I love biodiversity and conservation though so loved the elk question :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending