The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatsimmortality
Sorry but I can't be the only one who thought the myosin binding to myosin was a mistake??
Wouldn't be the first time, AQA made a small mistake in the physics exam...

Where was the mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what was the ratio answer?
Original post by thatsimmortality
ahah you sat that exam? ohhh okay i wrote about it not binding with actin site and no powerstroke so i think il gain 1 or 2 marks hopefully :P

U excited for tommorows exam??
Original post by rashed_k
what was the ratio answer?

2.27:1 Well thats what i put and its what most ppl put soo
Best paper in the world !
Spoke about homeostasis blood glucose and blood acidity relating them both to respiration and breathing mechanisms to survive
Tropisms relating to photosynthesis elaborated how that causes increased biomass for further levels so they're also dependent on responses that's how I got my nice off spec paragraph on sugar transport in phloem
Reflex arcs, taxis, both speciation and selection relating selection to antibiotic resistance and a few other topics wrote 6 pages I couldn't stop !
Such a nice paper
Original post by Faaiz Shah
U excited for tommorows exam??

god no :frown:
U defo got full marks for essay. I said like all the internal points but said one external point so i reckon i got 17-18.
Section A went well for me . Lost like 4 marks. If that. So atleast 83 hopefully.
U???

Haha, I'm not sure mate, but I gave it my best shot in the time I had remaining.
Ah that's fine, you could even have got in the 20s tbh!
Yeah I hope I haven't lost more than maybe 5-10 marks on section A, as I thought the questions were quite nice but I will have missed marking points here and there etc.
So yeah, hoping for a similar mark, which should hopefully be full UMS (the ultimate aim) :P
Can someone tell me if talking about histamine was relevant to the internal/external essay (the first one) and whether it is on the specification? I related it in a way to the human body being injured on the skins surface and then it increases permeability to capillaries for white blood cells to carry out phagocytosis against invading pathogens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys put for the mutation in tumor supressor genes?
Original post by jordanjmcdonagh
What did you guys put for the mutation in tumor supressor genes?

I talked about transcriptional factors

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its not accurate to say 2.3:1 or 2.2:1 theres such a huge difference. Lol i dunno i thought 2.d.p would be minimum since the question didnt specify.

What du u think the grade boundries will be??

Hmm I'm not sure, just seen previous mark schemes and they didn't specify rounding but you lost a mark for not rounding.
Probably about the same as last years, maybe a couple mark higher on each grade because everyone seems to think it was a nice paper. I thought it was quite difficult with all the graphs...
Did anyone say there may be another factor involved because the second graph reached the same position as the non resistant but in a slower time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheDapperNapper
Can someone tell me if talking about histamine was relevant to the internal/external essay (the first one) and whether it is on the specification? I related it in a way to the human body being injured on the skins surface and then it increases permeability to capillaries for white blood cells to carry out phagocytosis against invading pathogens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Histamine is on the spec
Original post by prophetkid
I did the first essay; internal/external environments. One of the topics I wrote is muscle contraction, so sliding filament theory, and how a stimuli causes a muscle to move etc. Would that be relevant? I haven't seen anybody that included it.

I put the muscles in my answer and linked it to respiration in slow and fast muscle fibres because I thought the exercising would change the internal environment (CO2 levels/Ph levels) etc.
Original post by Bustamove
Doesn't ATPase create ATP? not break it down?
I didn't do as much revision as I'd liked... I flopped that table
I may have misread to question... maybe it said what created ATP... well I messed up the very first table XD

i put actin, water, tropomyosin
Original post by ps1265A
Did anyone say there may be another factor involved because the second graph reached the same position as the non resistant but in a slower time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :smile: I didn't know what else to put though and wasn't that question 4 marks? I think I got 1/4 I couldn't interpret the graph, I didn't think there was enough info. I also put that some of the resistant flies died but I was winging it.
Original post by ps1265A

Posted from TSR Mobile

i said the resistant with the inhibitor produced a different enzyme which contributed to some resistance but not as much as the original enzyme
4 marks was a lot for that question
Original post by liquidlizard
i put actin, water, tropomyosin

ATPase breaks down ATP and the energy released gives the myosin head the energy to bend.
I wrote far too much about the 4 mark calcium pre-synaptic membrane question oops haha!
what did people put for the 1 marker on why neurones can actively take up that substance but something else couldn't (think it was for MS but I can't remember the wording haha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending