The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

what has happened to everyone ???
Original post by Strawberry68
But I could actually make decent educated guesses and know some stuff on f215!

I love biodiversity and conservation though so loved the elk question :h:

i thought it was a life saver of a question!
I think it'll be 59 for an A
Original post by games211
No hitler video=no talk on twitter=easy exam?? high grade boundaries :frown: PLEASE nooooooooooo

ahah it was quite easy, let's be honest?
we're tired .. its been a long week and its only wednesday
Original post by Hayley Williams
ahah it was quite easy, let's be honest?

But they could have addeed more stuff on f215 its not like they had asked everything in that paper...like apoptosis...transcription and translation...lac operon....
Original post by hukdealz
I think it'll be 59 for an A

59 is to low, OCR won't bring it that low. I think possibly 64 for an A and 56 for a B and 52 for a C. That's roughly what I feel it would be, even though I did find that paper pretty tricky.
can someone do a poll please since some people are found it easy.
Original post by games211
But they could have addeed more stuff on f215 its not like they had asked everything in that paper...like apoptosis...transcription and translation...lac operon....

was quite annoying because i had revised but i would prefer that over a really difficult paper :smile: and that bronchioles question? i was just like for ****s sake
why does asthma cause problems to the bronchioles and reduce diameter and make it harder for oxygen to expell ect??
Ok gonna start an unofficial MS, add what you remember! Soz for all the uncertainty all the way through

-What kind of division is 1 and 2?
Mitosis (1) and meiosis (2)
-What happens to DNA at A and B? I have NO IDEA but I put
A: replication (1), B: division (1)
-Genetic variation (9):
prophase 1 crossing over and chiasmata, metaphase 1 independent assortment of chromosomes, prophase 2 ditto, metaphase 2 indpt assortment of chromatids. Mutations, random mating, not sure what else...
-What are the bases? (1? 3? not sure on marks here)
AAACTTC or something, 1 base repeated 3 times, 1 repeated twice? I think.
-TAT complete (not sure on marks)
TATTT[A]CC (again, not sure but I think it was TATTT then something and ended with CC?) Basically you had to copy the last few letters on the diagram but staggered
-How do they sort the fragments of diff sizes? (3)
I think it was electrophoresis but think there has been debate on this thread. Then describe electrophoresis
-Describe the data with the black and white graph (4? 3?)
I said black increases until 1922 or something then decreases, white is v low between certain years then increases, always fluctuates about 1500 FYI pretty sure this would only get one mark, probably had to compare black and white overall as well? idk
-shooting thing is accurate, is it reliable? or something (3)
I said accurate because it is a definite number but it doesn't tell you how many others were there
-something about the wolves
-factors before and after wolves introduces (7)
I put biotic: predators, parasites, pathogens; abiotic: weather, prey, water. Should prob have put intra/interspec competition too. Then after the wolves are intro'd, predator-prey relationship...?
-Bronchioles, how does the diameter reduce? (3?)
Muscles are damaged? Cannot contract?
-why does that mean they can't exhale easily? (1)
not much force because...?
-why does salperetol or something not work on 14%? (3?)
because mutation means they do not have a gene that codes for the receptors so it has no effect on the cells
-why does the other one work? (2)
because the mutation might mean receptors for the other meds are made
-is this experiment reliable? (1)
Maybe they will accept either if they are well-justified and include: sample size, control

that's all I can remember, blacked out for the last questions it seems! Add add add
Original post by fuel4elite
why does asthma cause problems to the bronchioles and reduce diameter and make it harder for oxygen to expell ect??

i talked about smooth muscle contracting and causing the diameter of the bronchiole to reduce.
Seems like half the people found it pretty easy and the other half found it pretty nasty? I didn't think it was too bad :smile: It's a synoptic paper so they're perfectly entitled to include a range of questions testing AS knowledge and data handling and stuff. I reckon 70 A*? For the second part of the first question though, I put DNA Replication and Cell Division? Not sure about the second one though as it seems a little vague, but then cytokinesis seems a little too specific? xD
i talked about smooth muscle contracting and causing the diameter of the bronchiole to reduce.

sounds like your right, i talked about scar tissue forming because of coughing reducing the diameter and the elastic tissue being damaged so harder to recoil :s
Original post by fuel4elite
sounds like your right, i talked about scar tissue forming because of coughing reducing the diameter and the elastic tissue being damaged so harder to recoil :s

sounds logical :smile:

That's what I said but is it enough for two marks?
how well does everyone think they have done :angry:?
Original post by Lizzieee4
Exactly what I did but I got 36.... Did that mean you accepted or rejected the hypothesis though?

I put rejected lol .-. what did u put.
Original post by cwi111
Seems like half the people found it pretty easy and the other half found it pretty nasty? I didn't think it was too bad :smile: It's a synoptic paper so they're perfectly entitled to include a range of questions testing AS knowledge and data handling and stuff. I reckon 70 A*? For the second part of the first question though, I put DNA Replication and Cell Division? Not sure about the second one though as it seems a little vague, but then cytokinesis seems a little too specific? xD

All this time I thought OCR wanted us to be specific but you telling me otherwise I just dont know what to do anymore lol
Original post by cwi111

I put cytokinesis and then questioned myself cause it didn't look like the right word.. so I crossed it out and put cell division. That might have been a silly move :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending