The Student Room Group

Why am I so arrogant and pretentious?

READ THE FULL THREAD BEFORE JUDGING.

Or at least my posts in the thread. This entire thread is a scam. I don't think I'm arrogant or pretentious but maybe I am nonetheless. If so feel free to express your thoughts on the topic in this thread or on my visitor messages board.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Perhaps it's your personality?
Reply 2
you decide

I was like that too until I left my safe cocoon of school and entered a world where I was distinctly average.
Cos you're a wannabe alpha?
Reply 5
Original post by K.C
you decide

Hahahaha. I love it. Even if I'm not sure what your response means that was a GIF that just had to be made.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
At least you have some self-awareness. Others don't even realise it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Get a high street retail customer service job, see if you still feel high and mighty by lunch time.
Reply 8
Original post by *Stefan*
At least you have some self-awareness. Others don't even realise it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'At least'. Am I really no better than that? The very best thing about me is the ability to see how **** I am?
Reply 9
Original post by Tom78
Get a high street retail customer service job, see if you still feel high and mighty by lunch time.

That's a bloody good point; I've never had one. I probably never will either. However, I am joining the police as a special soon and I imagine that will be a nice big blow to my ego.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I was like that too until I left my safe cocoon of school and entered a world where I was distinctly average.

I agree with this, a lot of talented people get 'big fish' syndrome at school or in their families where they are easily the smartest without even trying too hard. When you get to a good Uni or school where you realise you're probably average or below it will really open your eyes.

Or where you see people in that situation being undeservedly arrogant and pretentious, that makes you consider how you come across. Its odd that you seem to be aware of it but aren't doing anything to change your image? its not difficult to tone it down and be a bit more mindful or humble to those around you even if you believe you don't think you should or need to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EmmaOfNormandy
Cos you're a wannabe alpha?

Looool. Who up-voted that :colonhash:

Let it out guys. This is the thread I need to create every so often so I don't go crazy with narcissism. Chop chop. Chop me down.

Original post by AverageExcellence
I agree with this, a lot of talented people get 'big fish' syndrome at school or in their families where they are easily the smartest without even trying too hard. When you get to a good Uni or school where you realise you're probably average or below it will really open your eyes.
Nah this still happens at Uni. In fact it's worse at uni since I see everyone going around failing their degrees and their workload and their lives and it's like "bitch please, how u doo that?"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by TorpidPhil
'At least'. Am I really no better than that? The very best thing about me is the ability to see how **** I am?

In the sense that it's better than not knowing it.

Don't take it personally. I absolutely love you :wink:
Is this a veiled anthropological/philosophical riddle?
Looool. Who up-voted that :colonhash:

Let it out guys. This is the thread I need to create every so often so I don't go crazy with narcissism. Chop chop. Chop me down.

Nah this still happens at Uni. In fact it's worse at uni since I see everyone going around failing their degrees and their workload and their lives and it's like "bitch please, how u doo that?"

Not many people 'fail' their degrees at uni since a 2.1 is really not that difficult, which uni do you go to?

Or where you see people in that situation being undeservedly arrogant and pretentious, that makes you consider how you come across. Its odd that you seem to be aware of it but aren't doing anything to change your image? its not difficult to tone it down and be a bit more mindful or humble to those around you even if you believe you don't think you should or need to.

Keep on seeing this and it's terrifying :/
Original post by *Stefan*
In the sense that it's better than not knowing it.

Don't take it personally. I absolutely love you :wink:

:hugs:
Original post by Imperion
Keep on seeing this and it's terrifying :/

Why is that?
Not many people 'fail' their degrees at uni since a 2.1 is really not that difficult, which uni do you go to?

Uni of Leeds.
Uni of Leeds.

Why do you believe your pretentious and arrogant? have you had somebody confront you and tell you that or are you just a bit paranoid that that's how you come across?

Quick Reply

Latest