The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jp1888
At least you didn't answer the behavior question with just learned and innate and not the specific behaviors..

Ooh unlucky, I did start doing that before I reread it though :') Hopefully the frade boundries will be comparatively low
Original post by games211
but i swear it said like different types of nuclear divisions HELP PLEASE :frown:

it said which processes! i put mitosis then meiosis but i didn't have a clue
Original post by georgieshack
Did no one put meiosis 1 and meiosis 2 for the first question?? Because I'm such in the description above the question it said it was happening in the testes so it completely threw me!

I think it may have just been mitosis and meiosis. The first part of the graph only divided in half, but the second section divided in half and then half again ie. the two stages of meiosis to make the haploid cells.
i'm not 100% just a suggestion, as that's what I put although it's probably wrong.
I'm pretty sure that I won't get any more than a C in this exam, so long Nottingham uni
Original post by Harry1996
It was insight learning and not operant conditioning, OC is learning by reward and punishment whereas insight learning is using reasoning and judgement from past experiences

It had to have been operant conditioning. Insight learning is only achieved by organisms with higher order thinking skills like primates or humans, not a raccoon. Also the raccoon associated opening the tin with the reward of getting a treat. Just like if you teach a dog to sit it gets a treat. It's just association. It didn't really pull together from two experiences as it only had to carry out one action.
Original post by janetconner
nicotine makes platelets in blood sticky hence increases blood clots forming. If such event occurs in an artery supplying blood to the brain, there is reduced blood flow to the brain, they don't have sufficient oxygen to respire hence brain cells die

yeah thats is literally exactly what i wrote but was unsure about the increased hypertension? what did you write?
Original post by alexdonnelly
I think it may have just been mitosis and meiosis. The first part of the graph only divided in half, but the second section divided in half and then half again ie. the two stages of meiosis to make the haploid cells.
i'm not 100% just a suggestion, as that's what I put although it's probably wrong.

I said mitosis and meiosis. Cause if you looked on the numbers up the side of the graph. On the first one, it started at 2n(the diploid amount) doubled to 4 and went back to 2 (mitosis) where the second one doubled to 4, dropped down to 2 and halfed again producing a haploid amount of chromosomes. (Meiosis)
Original post by Harry1996
It was insight learning and not operant conditioning, OC is learning by reward and punishment whereas insight learning is using reasoning and judgement from past experiences

I think you would have got the mark for either; insight learning for the argument that the Racoon is able to remember to open the jar and how to do so - but operant conditioning because the Racoon associates opening the jar with obtaining a treat.
Original post by Lily1111
yeah thats is literally exactly what i wrote but was unsure about the increased hypertension? what did you write?

For high blood pressure i said haemorrage

Dunno how to spell it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boardy123
I said mitosis and meiosis. Cause if you looked on the numbers up the side of the graph. On the first one, it started at 2n(the diploid amount) doubled to 4 and went back to 2 (mitosis) where the second one doubled to 4, dropped down to 2 and halfed again producing a haploid amount of chromosomes. (Meiosis)

Yeah I put the same hahaha I agree. I think they tried to through people off by saying it as in the testes so people would have automatically put meiosis 1&2
what would c be out of 100 :frown:
Original post by wanna get laid
For high blood pressure i said haemorrage

Dunno how to spell it

Posted from TSR Mobile

For high blood pressure I said that the artery endothelium could get either damaged - leading to atherosclerosis - or it could rupture meaning that the blood wouldn't be able to reach the brain... do you think that is right or not?
For high blood pressure I said that the artery endothelium could get either damaged - leading to atherosclerosis - or it could rupture meaning that the blood wouldn't be able to reach the brain... do you think that is right or not?

I talk about receptors and proteins being damagaed loooooool AS IFFFFF please tell my why im so stupid
what do you think c will be out of 100 please :smile:
Yeah I put the same hahaha I agree. I think they tried to through people off by saying it as in the testes so people would have automatically put meiosis 1&2

Lmao did it say it was in the testes???? Shows how much I read the questions haha!!!
Lmao did it say it was in the testes???? Shows how much I read the questions haha!!!

lool ha what did you put?

yeah i'm sure it did?! I don't think it matters anyway as i think they only put it in to trip people up anyway 😂

Not sure tbh :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys think the A grade boundary will be?
Original post by NightAl96
What do you guys think the A grade boundary will be?

66-68 :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by games211
I talk about receptors and proteins being damagaed loooooool AS IFFFFF please tell my why im so stupid
what do you think c will be out of 100 please :smile:

Are you talking about the stroke question or the asthma drug question about receptors?
I have no idea what a C will be ... I found the paper solid and quite hard but everyone else in my class thought it was a relatively easy and nice paper G R E A T.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending