The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatGuyRik
Yeah i mean i took a break yesterday, couldn't be bothered to do anything. Was starting today but still so tried :frown: Got my books and notes but nothing is going in. Doing essay's is such a pain compared to maths and stuff :/

Okay will send you a few questions if im stuck thanks :smile:

That's the issue with ICT its just so unnecessarily long :frown:

Right im starting now..Chapter 1 ....(Lord help me)
Original post by Sarah5152

Here we go :biggrin:
Original post by ThatGuyRik
So how we all revising for this. I've got 1 week seeing as i havent touched this since last few weeks cause of other exams.

You're not alone! The last time i looked at ICT was april :/.... 5 days to revise lets do this !

Glad to see I am not the only one in this position - the last time I had a proper look at ICT was early May when I had a mock; haven't looked at anything since as I've been focusing on my other subjects these past couple of weeks.

I feel like I have the basic idea of some of the content - honestly to me some of the content seems like common sense, whereas with other areas I'm not too confident with; though hopefully everything should be alright by the time the exams comes around :smile:

What do you all think will come up in the exam?
Original post by TheFinalFlare
Glad to see I am not the only one in this position - the last time I had a proper look at ICT was early May when I had a mock; haven't looked at anything since as I've been focusing on my other subjects these past couple of weeks.

I feel like I have the basic idea of some of the content - honestly to me some of the content seems like common sense, whereas with other areas I'm not too confident with; though hopefully everything should be alright by the time the exams comes around :smile:

Same situation ! We had mocks and then after that I kinda gave up and just focused on the other two subjects ! The plan is WING it haha !

I haven't really had a chance to analyse the topics in past papers and that but here are predicted topics for the pre-release:

Press release 1:

-future developments
-training
-cloud computing
-offshore, outsourcing
-legislation eg data protection act

Press release 27:

-Goals of organisations
-Techniques and tools for system development ( system life cycle, waterfall/iterative method, testing and installation)

Press Release 53:

-Legislation again
-potential threats to the system and how to prevent them
-back up and recovery (risk analysis, contingency plan)

The ones in bold are probably the main ones :smile:

I've done a lot and I can say that I wasted a lot of time reading through all of the book. A lot of is repetitive. I'd recommend looking at the page summary of each of the chapters and expanding from there.
Original post by Historyfrenchfan
I've done a lot and I can say that I wasted a lot of time reading through all of the book. A lot of is repetitive. I'd recommend looking at the page summary of each of the chapters and expanding from there.

We didnt even get the book!. Well we got an online version of something but I don't know if its the same as the book you have. It has a green border ?
Original post by TheFinalFlare

Yeah i'm probably just gonna go through each topic quickly then base most of my revision on the pre-release. Nothing else can be done tbh.

Same situation ! We had mocks and then after that I kinda gave up and just focused on the other two subjects ! The plan is WING it haha !

I haven't really had a chance to analyse the topics in past papers and that but here are predicted topics for the pre-release:

Press release 1:

-future developments
-training
-cloud computing
-offshore, outsourcing
-legislation eg data protection act

Press release 27:

-Goals of organisations
-Techniques and tools for system development ( system life cycle, waterfall/iterative method, testing and installation)

Press Release 53:

-Legislation again
-potential threats to the system and how to prevent them
-back up and recovery (risk analysis, contingency plan)

The ones in bold are probably the main ones :smile:

I'd agree with those predictions, yes :smile:
We didnt even get the book!. Well we got an online version of something but I don't know if its the same as the book you have. It has a green border ?

Mine was a blue book
Original post by Historyfrenchfan
Mine was a blue book

Oh...probably not the same then. I also have the ZiqZag course companion which basically summaries everything which you can have if you want.

Also if anyone wants it PM me because the file is too large it doesn't let me upload it :frown:
Hows ICT revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any ideas on predictions on what is likely to come up?
Reply 111
Oh...probably not the same then. I also have the ZiqZag course companion which basically summaries everything which you can have if you want.

Also if anyone wants it PM me because the file is too large it doesn't let me upload it :frown:

Could you share this resources with me it would be greatly appreciated?!

Could you please PM it to me as well please, would be very appreciated

Could I have a copy of that too please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BritishRose
Could I have a copy of that too please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

yeah i can do but it wont let me upload it on here, so im going to have to email it if thats okay?
Reply 115
Hey,

yeah i can do but it wont let me upload it on here, so im going to have to email it if thats okay?

"Hey i used the ZigZag before for business, really good, can i have it too, would really appreciate it bro email is "[email protected]" thanks in advance"
How did everyone find it? xxx
Hey,

That's fine thank you! :biggrin: very much appreciated
Original post by BritishRose
That's fine thank you! :biggrin: very much appreciated

I kinda need you to PM me your email or something lol....
Reply 119
How am i supposed to revise for this EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending