The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

For the Chi Squared I got something around 1400 but why are people sqaure rooting or doing other things to it. It said 'sum of' so do you not just add up the values in the last column. I'm really confused.
Original post by doctor_2_be
Same
What did u apply for

Biotechnology, I need 3 B's but I doubt I'm going to get in after this exam
Original post by NilaJ
Me and my friends also said atherosclerosis due to pitting and damage of artery walls

ah okay thank you.
the equation said 'sum of' would equal chi squared and the answer line also said chi squared (as in x2) there would be no need to square root as it didn't say find x
Original post by Amelia_21
Same, I didn't even know what the graphs were trying to show, when the hell have we done anything on measuring the mass of DNA.

I think it was just trying to show that there was twice as much genetic information after replication. So it started at two, jumped to 4, came back down to 2 then went to 1. So if you use those numbers but instead think of chromosomes you have your normal cell, it undergo's DNA Replication, forms two sets of chromosomes, cell fission occurs and it goes back to normal number of chromosomes, then divides again and this takes it down to one.
Swear hardly any of this paper was f215

That nicotine one was f214
Where The **** is strokes in f215?

This paper wasn't biology it was guessing what ocr wants us to write for their dodgy markschemes
I think the grade for an A will be high compared to the other F215 papers ... I think it will be in the 70s .. I found the paper really hard but most people I have spoken to found it relatively easy and thought it was a nice paper so ya. great.
what did you guys get for how hormones are transported? i was gna say xylem but ended up saying the cell walls get permeable or something, really have no idea.......
Think it'll be 64 A

Posted from TSR Mobile
what was the answer to high blood pressure etc? it mentioned in the question that the tumour leads to LOSS of brain cells/they die.....So i bull****ted something about apoptosis?!
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Think it'll be 64 A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, dont think it'll be that low bro

Lots of people saying it was alright/fairly easy/not bad

It was defo easier than june 2014. I think boundaries will be 3-6 marks on top of june 2014 for each grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kewla1
what was the answer to high blood pressure etc? it mentioned in the question that the tumour leads to LOSS of brain cells/they die.....So i bull****ted something about apoptosis?!

I just made up something along the lines of the capillaries becoming damaged.
Original post by georgieshack
Did no one put meiosis 1 and meiosis 2 for the first question?? Because I'm such in the description above the question it said it was happening in the testes so it completely threw me!

I did haha! You're the only person that I know who has!!
Is there a vote thing on how hard people found it?
does anyone know how many marks needed for 100ums ??? thanks
Original post by Amelia_21
Do You mean the selective advantage one? That was a confusing one, advantage for what and it didn't really give much more information.
I think OCR's aim was the further along the paper you the more unrelated it is to the actual biology course or just anything in general.

You could say it was a disadvantage because the more nicotine produced the fewer seeds were produced. But it was an advantage because nicotine is toxic and it could kill the insects eating it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spookz
I just made up something along the lines of the capillaries becoming damaged.

I thought that too but then i thought its unit 5 not unit 2...................argh
Original post by Follett
You could say it was a disadvantage because the more nicotine produced the fewer seeds were produced. But it was an advantage because nicotine is toxic and it could kill the insects eating it

Posted from TSR Mobile

so selective disadvantage is wrong? i said it was a disadvantage as it had a higher conc than the contol and yet it produced less seeds.....ahhh

wheres the unofficial markscheme?
Original post by kewla1
so selective disadvantage is wrong? i said it was a disadvantage as it had a higher conc than the contol and yet it produced less seeds.....ahhh

wheres the unofficial markscheme?

You could say either because that was a clear disadvantage of producing nicotine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heyworth6
does anyone know how many marks needed for 100ums ??? thanks

Do you mean 100% UMS (so 150)?

If so, it averages at 78/100. I'm hoping with the large level of application questions it drops to 74/75.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending