The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
symptoms :

splitting headache
cant sleep
i stink of bo just a few hours after i shower :/
not eating

srsly thinking of going to pick up today... i cant handle this!

help mehhh

u need to get some proper help, ur craving & might be addicted
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Minamenae
u need to get some proper help, ur craving & might be addicted
Posted from TSR Mobile

i am addicted. i know this. im not going to a doctor for it, im trying cold turkey.
Reply 3
if somebody has tips let me knw ples
Reply 4
smoke some herbs not weed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by may_1
smoke some herbs not weed

Posted from TSR Mobile

best advice evar
A professional help is the only thing that can really help you mate. Or do you suppose that by talking to ppl on here you'll just get cured? Yeah, right
symptoms :

splitting headache
cant sleep
i stink of bo just a few hours after i shower :/
not eating

srsly thinking of going to pick up today... i cant handle this!

help mehhh

my man. got proper cottonmouth and loss of appetite, insomnia and nausea for days when I go cold turkey. so i just pick it up again. dunno mate drink some cranberry juice. lol
Just do it!!!

Reply 9
Original post by Seventeen
Just do it!!!

don't stop smoking it then? everyone likes it just keep smoking it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have a few alcoholic drinks to take the edge off
Original post by Man.bear.pig
my man. got proper cottonmouth and loss of appetite, insomnia and nausea for days when I go cold turkey. so i just pick it up again. dunno mate drink some cranberry juice. lol

i read about cranberry juice this morning, bought a few cartons and have been drinking it all day.. refreshing as ****!!!
Hey man, from my experience it's best to just go cold turkey and take the symptoms. I struggled sleeping and lost appetite for a week or so but it'll stop. Try and go out (by out I mean public) with friends, maybe have a drink and keep yourself distracted. If you still have those symptoms after a couple weeks I'd visit a doctor, but be careful about telling them of your smoking habits as some doctors will just attribute it to that and won't give you any sound advice.

Edit: www.reddit.com/r/leaves is a great community if you want good advice or just a place to vent.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by toddmcnugget
Hey man, from my experience it's best to just go cold turkey and take the symptoms. I struggled sleeping and lost appetite for a week or so but it'll stop. Try and go out (by out I mean public) with friends, maybe have a drink and keep yourself distracted. If you still have those symptoms after a couple weeks I'd visit a doctor, but be careful about telling them of your smoking habits as some doctors will just attribute it to that and won't give you any sound advice.

Edit: www.reddit.com/r/leaves is a great community if you want good advice or just a place to vent.

thanks for the link mate, very useful
Just remember - your addiction isn't physical to the point where you physically crave it (e.g. like heroin) but rather more a psychological dependence. Simply put, if you truly think you won't be able to get off it then you won't, but if you realise that the only thing stopping yourself is you then you'll have a much bigger chance of eventually no longer being dependent on it. I did a lot of research on marijuana addiction since I did a 4000 word essay on it and have had real life experience with it as well, so feel free to PM if needed.
Original post by localblackguy
Just remember - your addiction isn't physical to the point where you physically crave it (e.g. like heroin) but rather more a psychological dependence. Simply put, if you truly think you won't be able to get off it then you won't, but if you realise that the only thing stopping yourself is you then you'll have a much bigger chance of eventually no longer being dependent on it. I did a lot of research on marijuana addiction since I did a 4000 word essay on it and have had real life experience with it as well, so feel free to PM if needed.

Mind PMing me the essay if you have it? Not because I need it, I just find the topic really interesting.
i read about cranberry juice this morning, bought a few cartons and have been drinking it all day.. refreshing as ****!!!

there you go bredda. you gotta get the weed out you quicker and cleaner so like there's **** you can drink to help you piss out the chemicals properly. Apparently cran juice has bare **** in it to help people piss properly. den once the drugs are outta you in a healthy way you can like recover without feeling as ****. But weed withdrawal symptoms (it's a real ting TRUST ME) can last for so long, bredda....:afraid:
Reply 17
Just quit myself mate, was tough but SO worth it. Had been smoking daily for almost exactly 4 years,. Felt totally depressed if I didn't have a smoke after work - lethargy, anhedonia, just didn't want to move or even live some days, would end up just lying in bed for hours until I fell asleep every night. This lasted about 10-14 days. I used alcohol and codeine to help me through it (I seriously do not recommended taking codeine if you have addiction issues, trust me on that). You have to keep in mind why you want to quit, when you are craving it remind yourself of your reasons and how much better you will feel if you accomplish the goal you've set. The discomfort will be over soon, and after another week or two of feeling not bad but just "meh", you will feel better than you have in a long ****ing time. It's been almost 4 months since I last got high, I still get occasional cravings but they get less frequent as time goes by. Stick with it dude, I promise you you'll feel better soon and be so glad you did it. You can start again any time you want in the future, but right now it's about going without it for as long as you can.

Also, just want to reinforce how much worse opiate withdrawal is, as right now im in your position but with codeine. Codeine is one of the weakest opiates, but I just can't quit it, I can't control myself. With the right dose and tolerance, opiates are possibly the best feeling on earth. Don't mean to hijack your thread just wanted to warn anyone reading how much addiction sucks while we are on the subject.

Good luck, it will get easier I promise, just stick it out.
Melatonin for the sleep, drink a lot of water and it will help your appetite a bit.
Reply 19
I'm going to get blazed now ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest