The Student Room Group

AQA English Language A A2 (ENGA3) 2015.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I had a look at past papers, PC hasn't come up since 2012, neither has regional accents, last year was gender.

I have a feeling regional or global English may come up😓 I hope not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Liaamm
I had a look at past papers, PC hasn't come up since 2012, neither has regional accents, last year was gender.

I have a feeling regional or global English may come up😓 I hope not

Posted from TSR Mobile

our paper was one of the stolen ones so it will have been rewritten. I hope gender doesn't though! do you know anything about global english?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by mcbb
Sure, here's a powerpoint!

your a life saver! can't tel you how grateful I am for this!☺️☺️☺️ do you have one on global english or PC ? it's fab! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by may_1
your a life saver! can't tel you how grateful I am for this!☺️☺️☺️ do you have one on global english or PC ? it's fab! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have A*/A answers for a question in global English, and one on regional accents if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Hey, I'm doing this exam too, what are all you guys expecting??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Liaamm
I have A*/A answers for a question in global English, and one on regional accents if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yess please post that!!
Reply 26
Original post by mcbb
Yess please post that!!

Apologies if you struggle to read the hand writing, dont judge me okay😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Liaamm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now I have posted that I can see that you can't see anything😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Liaamm

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG yes please !!!!!!! that would be SO helpful !!! ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
But I reckon question one will be a standard language change question, question two will be related to social class, and question three will be on regional or global💭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by may_1

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries sweet, here's what I have on global--
Reply 31
Original post by Liaamm

Posted from TSR Mobile

could you post the text version again ? it seems really good just little blurry!:frown: ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Liaamm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amaaazing!! Thank you soooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 33
Original post by mcbb
No worries sweet, here's what I have on global--

thankyou !!!!!☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mcbb
Yeah that's what I'm guessing! Language Change seems pretty inescapable, then it seems silly if accents and dialects don't come up in Section B considering that's on our syllabus. So I'm assuming Section A: Language Change, Section B: Accents and Dialects (or other aspects of Language Variation)

Hi guys, I'm also doing this exam & have been reading this thread and thought I would clarify it all.
SECTION A:
Question 1 will ALWAYS be a language change question - no matter what.
Question 2 will ALWAYS be a language variation question (so can be accents, dialects, BVE, gender, social factors etc...)

SECTION B
Question 3 can either be on language change, or language variation BUT there has been a few times when it's asked for both. So there is no guarantee what we'll get on this question.

Do you guys understand the bullet points too, and their function? As it differs slightly between section A and section B.
Reply 36
Original post by sianwoollard
Hi guys, I'm also doing this exam & have been reading this thread and thought I would clarify it all.
SECTION A:
Question 2 will ALWAYS be a language variation question (so can be accents, dialects, BVE, gender, social factors etc...)

SECTION B
Question 3 can either be on language change, or language variation BUT there has been a few times when it's asked for both. So there is no guarantee what we'll get on this question.

Do you guys understand the bullet points too, and their function? As it differs slightly between section A and section B.

Ohh you super star, thank you thank you thank you!! What do yu mean by the bullet points? And can you choose between Question 1 and Question 2?
Reply 37
Original post by sianwoollard
SECTION A:

SECTION B

How do the bullet points differ between sections?💭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mcbb
Ohh you super star, thank you thank you thank you!! What do yu mean by the bullet points? And can you choose between Question 1 and Question 2?

Yep, so you choose between Question 1 and 2, but you don't have a choice for section B.

For section A, the first bullet point will always ask you to analyse the text. Thats the same in language change and language variation.
The second bullet will be the essay, in which you will need to answer the question, so it could be 'how has language changed?' or for variation it could be something like 'outline how/if gender affects language choice'.

For section B
The first bullet point will ask you to analyse and evaluate and that's the difference, as you need to comment on things you analyse. For example, 'John possess more status within this conversation and this can be shown in the noun phrase ... (then you would comment on it like this...) However, this is not because John is a man, but could be to do with his status of being a Doctor...'
Bullet point 2 is also an ordinary essay question where you answer the question :smile:
Original post by Liaamm
How do the bullet points differ between sections?💭

Posted from TSR Mobile

For section A, the first bullet point will always ask you to analyse the text. Thats the same in language change and language variation.
The second bullet will be the essay, in which you will need to answer the question, so it could be 'how has language changed?' or for variation it could be something like 'outline how/if gender affects language choice'.

For section B
The first bullet point will ask you to analyse and evaluate and that's the difference, as you need to comment on things you analyse. For example, 'John possess more status within this conversation and this can be shown in the noun phrase ... (then you would comment on it like this...) However, this is not because John is a man, but could be to do with his status of being a Doctor...'
Bullet point 2 is also an ordinary essay question where you answer the question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending