The Student Room Group

Telematic insurance

Hi

Are these policies uber intrusive. In regards to modifications. I would like to transfer the alloy wheels from my current car to my next car which will have a black box installed.

I know a mechanic of my insurers will be installing the box, so everything should be stock on his arrival, but after should i be ok.

Also on the topic of speeding will i have a buffer which will prevent me from being punished for doing say 33 in 30 zone
Declare your mods else if you crash they may not pay out as its deemed fraud and potentially invalidates your insurance.

You're not allowed to speed... How is going 33 in a 30 going to benefit you? If you're intent on speeding (obviously we all speed at times) then stay away from black boxes.
Original post by Jsnowdizzle
Hi

Are these policies uber intrusive. In regards to modifications. I would like to transfer the alloy wheels from my current car to my next car which will have a black box installed.

I know a mechanic of my insurers will be installing the box, so everything should be stock on his arrival, but after should i be ok.

Also on the topic of speeding will i have a buffer which will prevent me from being punished for doing say 33 in 30 zone

Agree with the other user....if alloys are not stock and insurer doesn't know....get involved in a crash your insurance will be invalid and insurers will without a doubt use it to not payout.
I have a black box and have done 20-25 over the limit multiple times in the same review period and there were no repercussions. I generally try to keep it no more than 10 over though and not for long periods of time. I'm with Ingenie and do around 800 miles every 10 days (the review period) so it probably all works on averages.
Original post by shaymarriott
Declare your mods else if you crash they may not pay out as its deemed fraud and potentially invalidates your insurance.

You're not allowed to speed... How is going 33 in a 30 going to benefit you? If you're intent on speeding (obviously we all speed at times) then stay away from black boxes.

I agree.
And personally, i wouldnt touch a black box with a bargepole.
Original post by Emma:-)
I agree.
And personally, i wouldnt touch a black box with a bargepole.

Nor me. Fortunately my insurance is cheap without one!
Original post by shaymarriott
Nor me. Fortunately my insurance is cheap without one!

Same here- luckily i got insurance cheap enough without one after i passed. They are also known for having quite a few problems with them as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending