The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions of what is going to come up? Will it be hard questions like G484?
Original post by Chung224
guys for reassurance electric fields-non conventional current direction (-ve to +ve)
Magnetic fields -conventional currents (+ve to -ve)
making sure is this correct?
Thanks everyone

Electric field strength is the force experienced per unit positive charge. So this would also be +ve to -ve.
Reply 1263
Original post by nothepreacher
I don't remember wave diffraction and all that. Or circuits! Just a bit of mechanics, even that I have lost touch with. I just hope they don't decide to be too synoptic.

If any wave diffraction stuff comes up I will have no idea what to do lol

They might ask us to use a bit of g484 like last year in one part of a question
Dont suppose someone has a convenient document with all the graphs we need to know for this?
Reply 1265
Original post by SkilledNChilled
Can anyone explain the reasoning to this question? It has me stumped. Thank you.

can't read the question but you have the same curtains as my room lmao
all i could notice was that we have the same curtains
Can anyone explain the reasoning to this question? It has me stumped. Thank you.

What year and paper Question is it
Original post by ETRC
If any wave diffraction stuff comes up I will have no idea what to do lol

They might ask us to use a bit of g484 like last year in one part of a question

G482 is quite common in this exam
Reply 1268
Original post by chem@uni
G482 is quite common in this exam

hoping none of it comes up
its too late to revise g482 now anyways

year and question?
I doubt there will be any wave diffraction. How is that even relevant for g485
Original post by jcwh97
I doubt there will be any wave diffraction. How is that even relevant for g485

came up in some past paper, you also had to describe what the absorption spectrum is
MASS SPECTROMETERS GUY!

How do the work?
Original post by actanide
came up in some past paper, you also had to describe what the absorption spectrum is

I wouldnt classify that as wave diffraction although it wont get any more intensive then that.
In one of the mark schemes for the strong nuclear force it says it is attractive at 'larger' distances and repulsive at 'short' distances and is short ranged.

Since when is the strong nuclear force repulsive? I thought it is just short ranged and attractive???
Original post by Oraeng
In one of the mark schemes for the strong nuclear force it says it is attractive at 'larger' distances and repulsive at 'short' distances and is short ranged.

Since when is the strong nuclear force repulsive? I thought it is just short ranged and attractive???

As far as I know, the strong nuclear force becomes repulsive at shorter distances in order to stop nuclei from occupying the same space. I'm sure someone else has a better explanation though.
Original post by ETRC
hoping none of it comes up
its too late to revise g482 now anyways

Usually it is just using equations from G482 topic more than anything
Original post by Oraeng

What paper?
Reply 1278
Original post by Oraeng

it is repulsive at the very short ranges. if it was only attractive then protons would be bond together because strong force is very strong.

it is attractive at larger distances relative to its overall distance which is why the protons don't "explode" the nucleus.
What experiments might they ask for us to explain?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending