The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey on the first essay I did about what you guys said but I also added about pathogens and how they effect your body is that ok ?
Anyone write about ADH and kidneys for extra spec on essay a? You think id get anything for it?
Original post by jessicasydes1
I wrote about speciation and natural selection aswell! I couldn't think of anything for external so I had to waffle :teehee:As long as we've really linked it to the title they'll award it something they're normal quite lenient.

I wrote about homeostatsis, blood glucose level and water osmosis in roots???? Lolll
Original post by princessBG
I wrote about homeostatsis, blood glucose level and water osmosis in roots???? Lolll

Would talking about pathogens be ok ? Like how your body responds and maintains health Ect ?
Original post by smoothER
very weird... I said kids may not know that parents smoke or kids may lie....

I put they might lie or another person in the household might smoke but they're not included.
lol okay i don't see why my extra content won't count as it relates directly to the question
Reply 2207
Original post by mck9777
Anyone write about ADH and kidneys for extra spec on essay a? You think id get anything for it?

i did, you probably will (i hope). sounds like a perfect example tbh. i wrote about the selective reabsorption of ADH in the collecting duct which varies with water conentration
Original post by zoelizabeth
I put they might lie or another person in the household might smoke but they're not included.

I put this too but I think it was looking for the survey not including specific hours of smoking or something?
I did the essay on internal and external factors-
Importance of glucose control (described raising blood sugar, and linked to the importance of ATP in muscle contraction)
Importance of control of blood pH (described chemoreceptors and control of heart rate/ breathing rate, and importance on enzyme tertiary structure)
Ectotherms temperature control (again referring to enzymes)
Endotherms hibernation to conserve energy
Influence of child birth on the testosterone levels and the importance of this in protection of the mother and child
Pathogens and the immune response of antibodies, and how this prevents damage to cells

Hoping for at least 12 marks on content, and 3 on communication. How does it sound for breadth and relevance? :smile:
Original post by Algebraicly
I put this too but I think it was looking for the survey not including specific hours of smoking or something?

argh how were we meant to know it wasn't specific :colonhash:
Someone please tell me that it wasn't just me who saw nowhere to write which question I was doing in question 10?? Scared
Reply 2212
For the question about why the cannabinoid can pass through the phospholipid bilayer I put that the cannabinoid is non-polar and therefore can diffuse through the membrane. Did anyone else put that or know if it is right?
Reply 2213
I think the examiner will work it out...
To what degree will the examiner give you credit for a plan. Say you did a good plan but didn't have enough time to write down some stuff.
Reply 2215
Original post by biojoe
For the question about why the cannabinoid can pass through the phospholipid bilayer I put that the cannabinoid is non-polar and therefore can diffuse through the membrane. Did anyone else put that or know if it is right?

I put that it was hydrophobic so could diffuse through the lipids in the myeline sheath. As they didnt give you a structure you might not get the non polar mark, as being polar would help with dissolving
Original post by skyonline123
To what degree will the examiner give you credit for a plan. Say you did a good plan but didn't have enough time to write down some stuff.

I reckon they may give a mark or possibly two depending on how much you didn't get to write! Obviously I don't know for certain but a lot of people say do a plan in case of the scenario you're in so the examiner can see where you were at least going, so maybe you'll get something?
Reply 2217
Original post by DOM26
I put that it was hydrophobic so could diffuse through the lipids in the myeline sheath. As they didnt give you a structure you might not get the non polar mark, as being polar would help with dissolving

I just Googled cannabinoids then and apparently they are non-polar.

"The cannabinoids are basically non-polar molecules, with low solubility in water, so they are normally self-administered by smoking."

But I'm not sure if I would have hit the marking point.
LOOOOOL for the 2 mark on questionnaire's I wrote Social desirability bias and response bias ( psychology terms ) XDDD

Biology isn't my thing anyway xD
Was there any space to write the question you picked in question 10? I just circled it? Someone please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending