The Student Room Group

AQA- RST3A & RST4A - religious studies a2

I can't see any threads on these exams, so I thought to make one. :smile:

How's revision going? and also, any predictions on what possibly could come up?

For RST3A - I do Determinism/libertarianism & sexual ethics

For RST4A- I do, religious experience

Scroll to see replies

Doing Virtue Ethics & Sexual Virtue Ethics for RST3A. Hoping for An A* in this unit so I've been thrashing out revision for it.
Also doing Religious Experience, Going to focus on foundational experiences and Influence as a source of practise and behaviour.

Do you have any predictions?
Reply 2
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
Doing Virtue Ethics & Sexual Virtue Ethics for RST3A. Hoping for An A* in this unit so I've been thrashing out revision for it.
Also doing Religious Experience, Going to focus on foundational experiences and Influence as a source of practise and behaviour.

Do you have any predictions?

I'm doing religious experience as well, but can't see a pattern... Really hope it's a nice question
Original post by SiriA
I'm doing religious experience as well, but can't see a pattern... Really hope it's a nice question

how did u find it? did u do the first Q of religious exp? if so, what did u write for the B type? the nature of God? I'm scared that I've included irrelevant stuff...
Reply 4
transcience how this affects direct experience of god in christianity others dont have tht problem direct to one person who spreads ... benevolence leads to problem of evil etc kant unlimited god cant felt by our limited knowledge etc etc you????
Reply 5
Original post by Kmohazeb
how did u find it? did u do the first Q of religious exp? if so, what did u write for the B type? the nature of God? I'm scared that I've included irrelevant stuff...

transcience how this affects direct experience of god in christianity others dont have tht problem direct to one person who spreads ... benevolence leads to problem of evil etc kant unlimited god cant felt by our limited knowledge etc etc you????
Original post by chlococo

did u not include validity by swinburne?
Reply 7

no cos i cldnt fit it into how the nature of god prevents experience i tlked bout propositional nd non prop and then about omnipotence overiding other aspects what did u put im scared
Original post by chlococo
no cos i cldnt fit it into how the nature of god prevents experience i tlked bout propositional nd non prop and then about omnipotence overiding other aspects what did u put im scared

can u remind me of the exact wording of the Q please??
Reply 9
can u remind me of the exact wording of the Q please??

sumin bout nature of god/ ultimate reality preventing religious experience
Reply 10

The 30 marker right? Yes I did Swinburne, also included vardy! What else did you include? And what about first the first question? What did you write
Original post by SiriA
The 30 marker right? Yes I did Swinburne, also included vardy! What else did you include? And what about first the first question? What did you write

Can u explain to me what u wrote? I wrote:
-God is omnipotent and omnipresent and thus can do as he wishes
-Jesus is God 'in human flesh'
-swinburne-testimony/creduilty
-st tereases 3 blindfolds
-scholars categorising religions- it is possible to have an religious exp
But-
-God is so great and blahblahblah that wont come into contact with individuals
-God is essentially testing people and wont reveal himself to people in order for us to act upon our own freewill

Can't. Remember the rest, it's wrong right? :frown:((
Reply 12
Can u explain to me what u wrote? I wrote:
-God is omnipotent and omnipresent and thus can do as he wishes
-Jesus is God 'in human flesh'
-swinburne-testimony/creduilty
-st tereases 3 blindfolds
-scholars categorising religions- it is possible to have an religious exp
But-
-God is so great and blahblahblah that wont come into contact with individuals
-God is essentially testing people and wont reveal himself to people in order for us to act upon our own freewill

Can't. Remember the rest, it's wrong right? :frown:((

No I'm sure that's fine! I didn't use some of that as our teachers didn't teach us that but used Teresa and Karl Rahner who pretty much says God won't communicate with us through visions etc
Original post by SiriA
No I'm sure that's fine! I didn't use some of that as our teachers didn't teach us that but used Teresa and Karl Rahner who pretty much says God won't communicate with us through visions etc

but apparently it was only on Gods (such as omni-potence...)nature and not more
Original post by SiriA

did u discuss this with your teacher?? because apparently we're wrong and we were only meant to discuss matters that relate back to the nature of God and not verification and so on
Reply 15
but apparently it was only on Gods (such as omni-potence...)nature and not more

No I'm sure it was more than that... I walked out and asked my teacher and he said it was fine
Original post by SiriA
No I'm sure it was more than that... I walked out and asked my teacher and he said it was fine

OMG REALLY YAAAY, omg feel so much better. thank you!
Reply 17
OMG REALLY YAAAY, omg feel so much better. thank you!

Trust me I know how you feel! I walked out and someone told me I did wrong 😂 had to go find out
Original post by SiriA
Trust me I know how you feel! I walked out and someone told me I did wrong 😂 had to go find out

omg, phew :smile:))...

are you sure sure that u asked? I came home thinking I've answered it completely wrong, so happy that there was more to that Q than what others essentially thought!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
omg, phew :smile:))...

are you sure sure that u asked? I came home with teary eyes thinking I've answered it completely wrong, so happy that there was more to that Q than what others essentially thought!

Yes ahah! The question asked if it was not possible to experience God/ ultimate reality and if you look at the definition of religious experience it involved God or a divine being

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending