The Student Room Group

Ridiculous A Level papers this year?

From the majority of the papers I sat and from talking to others, it seems to me that a majority of A Level exam papers were either ridiculously hard or the questions were ambiguous or in the very unfair case of AQA Psychology unit 4, students sat two different papers, meaning some will have to resit them.
What are everybody else's experiences this year?
The majority of them so far are just regular papers. There were a few tricky ones though.
Ocr f214 was dodgy
Ocr f215 was dodgy
Ocr f321 was considerably harder than every other year
Ocr f324 was a piss take

Does anyone see a pattern? I sat all of them so I'm screwed
I gather the same thing, only got one left - hopefully it's not bad.
As someone who has sat mostly OCR exams, I think the difficulty has not changed much at all.
Reply 5
Maths was fricking hard and i was hoping for an a :'(

edexcel... More like dedxcel
Reply 6
Edexcel can suck on these testeeees
Although I've been able to handle the exams fine, I can definitely see that they are more difficult than usual.
Probably something to do with "exams getting too easy" or something because there's no way students might actually be working harder than they used to.
Reply 8
Original post by Uberphuq

All of the Edexcel maths were hard! Even the AS, which I could handle from doing A2 but not for the AS lot...

Yeah lol me too
What do you reckon you got in your modules?
Original post by Nmys
All of the Edexcel maths were hard! Even the AS, which I could handle from doing A2 but not for the AS lot...

I agree!! I re did C1 and C2 and to be honest, if I get 85 UMS I'll be happy :angry: its annoying

Original post by Presque là
Yeah lol me too
What do you reckon you got in your modules?

I flopped M1, probably low D, so from an A grade student to getting the D.... RIP in pieces

Hopefully Cs in C3&4. You?
I agree!! I re did C1 and C2 and to be honest, if I get 85 UMS I'll be happy :angry: its annoying

I flopped M1, probably low D, so from an A grade student to getting the D.... RIP in pieces

Hopefully Cs in C3&4. You?

Ok maybe borderline A:/
How do you compare this year C1 C2 M1 to 2014?
Reply 12
computing f452 ocr.........
I dont see the problem with people sitting two different papers, how would they be able to get papers out to places like Dubai? (someone doing AQA Psychology or Biology mentioned they live in Dubai and had original paper)
Reply 14
Original post by NineTailedFox
I dont see the problem with people sitting two different papers, how would they be able to get papers out to places like Dubai? (someone doing AQA Psychology or Biology mentioned they live in Dubai and had original paper)

The issue was that students weren't meant to sit two different papers, because the papers got stolen so some mistakenly sat the original one when instead they should have sat the reserved paper.
rip in peace people who took aqa physics. Unit 4 was a nightmare for me

Quick Reply

Latest