The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F000sey
Was there any space to write the question you picked in question 10? I just circled it? Someone please help

there's not a space i just wrote 10a and put a box around it
even if you didn't state which essay question you were answering, the examiner will still try to figure it out :smile: my teacher said he got told by aqa ages ago, but obviously it helps if you were clear
Reply 2222
If they can't work out what essay you're writing about i dont think you'd get many marks anyway
Original post by Malicious
LOOOOOL for the 2 mark on questionnaire's I wrote Social desirability bias and response bias ( psychology terms ) XDDD

Biology isn't my thing anyway xD

Spoiler

I'm really not about these comments with people trotting off their essay and asking people to mark it. like, you know what you wrote, estimate it yourself 😂
I'm probably being really stupid but does talking about how endotherms regulate their body temperature not count as a change in the external environment??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatsimmortality

Spoiler

LOOOOL :biggrin: I think I may still get the marks because I've seen in past papers ''Demand characteristics" as an answer to these type of questions so lets just hope xD
Original post by Malicious
LOOOOL :biggrin: I think I may still get the marks because I've seen in past papers ''Demand characteristics" as an answer to these type of questions so lets just hope xD

LOOOL no way! next we'll be quoting Freud :h:
Reply 2228
Original post by elliemoriartyell
I'm really not about these comments with people trotting off their essay and asking people to mark it. like, you know what you wrote, estimate it yourself 😂

Haha still beats the ocr maths threads where people list their UMS for each unit and ask people what they've got overall :banghead:
Reply 2229
Quick Question

Would pathogens be accepted to be a topic to write about in the 25 marker- I did the one about responding to changes in the environment. Please tell me it does as I wrote a whole page about that lol
Reply 2230
Original post by Ezme39
I did the essay on internal and external factors-
Importance of glucose control (described raising blood sugar, and linked to the importance of ATP in muscle contraction)
Importance of control of blood pH (described chemoreceptors and control of heart rate/ breathing rate, and importance on enzyme tertiary structure)
Ectotherms temperature control (again referring to enzymes)
Endotherms hibernation to conserve energy
Influence of child birth on the testosterone levels and the importance of this in protection of the mother and child
Pathogens and the immune response of antibodies, and how this prevents damage to cells

Hoping for at least 12 marks on content, and 3 on communication. How does it sound for breadth and relevance? :smile:

I wrote about the exact same stuff as you except for instead of childbirth I did plant biology and how plants respond to temperature and light!! :smile: for some one who didn't practice the 25 marker it sounds okay. Not sure about the rest of the paper though :/
Original post by F000sey
Was there any space to write the question you picked in question 10? I just circled it? Someone please help

If you use any extra paper then you would have had to write 10 on the side of that sheets(the pink extra paper one)

Spoiler

I wrote social desirability bias ... -_- explained it a little too

Im on the AQA board for psycho so they allow that kinda stuff!
All these people talking about needing information that isn't on the spec to get good marks, you are misguided.

Breadth = more than just a single area/unit

Not extra spec stuff, although if you've written extraspec stuff you will probably get the mark, but don't worry if you havent.
Original post by Uberphuq
I wrote social desirability bias ... -_- explained it a little too

Im on the AQA board for psycho so they allow that kinda stuff!

we're in this together:u:
Reply 2235
Original post by Uberphuq
All these people talking about needing information that isn't on the spec to get good marks, you are misguided.

Breadth = more than just a single area/unit

Not extra spec stuff, although if you've written extraspec stuff you will probably get the mark, but don't worry if you havent.

I heard that for the scientific content mark you get 12, 8, 4 for good average poor quality, then awarded two marks for one proof of extraspec knowledge and four marks for two.
Original post by 2en1
I wrote about the exact same stuff as you except for instead of childbirth I did plant biology and how plants respond to temperature and light!! :smile: for some one who didn't practice the 25 marker it sounds okay. Not sure about the rest of the paper though :/

Aha, awesome :smile: I'm sure you did fine! I found the essay the hardest part, so I'm hoping for a pretty decent grade now
we're in this together:u:

Yeah buddy! Roll on children pretending not to smoke after parents!

Original post by ilcap
I heard that for the scientific content mark you get 12, 8, 4 for good average poor quality, then awarded two marks for one proof of extraspec knowledge and four marks for two.

You won't get marked down for not including any
Original post by 2en1
Quick Question

Would pathogens be accepted to be a topic to write about in the 25 marker- I did the one about responding to changes in the environment. Please tell me it does as I wrote a whole page about that lol

It really should. I started that section with "pathogens provide a change to the internal environment of humans..."- so the examiner could see my thought process :smile:
for the essay would it affect my marks if I talked about keeping warm in cold conditions and describing the whole process and not describing reducing body temperature but just saying that an opposite process is involved? I didn't have enough time to describe both sides of the argument for all the subtopics
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending