The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesbird18
I bet we get a ridiculous paper

Yeah I fear that as well!!!
Original post by coder4
Oh right thanks! Opposite directions you mean perpendicular?

Yep, sorry.
Does anyobe have the 2014 paper? Only one i havent done and forgot to ask teach. Just realized that now.
Pleaseeeeeeee :wink:
WHats likely to come up on the essay questions you think?
in the equation I=Ie^mu X ( for x rays)

does the mu and x have to be in cm or m?
i dont understand magnetix flux/magnetic flux density/magnetic flux linkage, could somebody explain like...all of it please. And the common exam questions that come up on it as i think its my only weak area, thanks!
Original post by chem@uni
The ones in the spec

Thanks.

If there are certain parts of the spec that have been asked recently, in a lot of detail, then they are unlikely to be tested again. I.e - which parts of the spec haven't been asked recently in great detail.
Original post by MrChemKid

If both mu & x are given in cm keep them in cm :smile:

It doesn't matter as long as they're the same unit, as the units cancel out in the calculation. So m and cm wouldn't work but cm and cm, or m and m would work!
Any advice on cramming for this exam this evening, barely done any revision at all so far, only been over some universe stuff and capacitors

If they have different units, which is unlikely, then it's easiest to convert them both into metres.
Original post by bmwdestroyer
Any advice on cramming for this exam this evening, barely done any revision at all so far, only been over some universe stuff and capacitors

Don't do any so we get lower grade boundaries!

No but seriously, I suggest making sure you're completely familiar with everything in the formula booklet, and making some notes on the big topics that could come up i.e gamma cameras, MRI, CAT scans, evolution of the universe etc..
My predictions
- Some **** question on the structure of the atom or universe
- Evolution of the universe
- gamma camera
- a difficult graph
What hasnt been on the spec rcently
Original post by Doctopus
Thanks.

If there are certain parts of the spec that have been asked recently, in a lot of detail, then they are unlikely to be tested again. I.e - which parts of the spec haven't been asked recently in great detail.

Original post by Zenarthra
What hasnt been on the spec rcently

Ultrasound
Original post by chem@uni
Ultrasound

Any others?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending