The Student Room Group

OCR PHYSICS B G495~ 18th June 2015 AM ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by urz13
How on earth do you calculate the emf from the gradient of the graph in Q11 part b) here?

Paper: http://moodle.flintshire.gov.uk/hhs/pluginfile.php/2360/mod_folder/content/0/Current%20Syllabus/G495%20June%2014.pdf?forcedownload=1
(June 2014 paper)

Thanks!

Draw a tangent on the curve at the point where the gradient is steepest.
Original post by Iridann
Those are their charges :smile: I'm talking about spin values. https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Quark#Spin

Turns out quarks do have half spin values.

Oh ffs, sorry, I can't read today :frown:

Really hope I sleep well tonight or else I'm ****ed.
Reply 162
Original post by urz13
How on earth do you calculate the emf from the gradient of the graph in Q11 part b) here?

Paper: http://moodle.flintshire.gov.uk/hhs/pluginfile.php/2360/mod_folder/content/0/Current%20Syllabus/G495%20June%2014.pdf?forcedownload=1
(June 2014 paper)

Thanks!

Nevermind - I missed the fact that time was in ms.
Reply 163
Original post by STATER
Does the Pauli exclusion principle mean that there can only be one electron at each energy level at any given time?

It does indeed, yes :smile:
Original post by h4mz4
How do u work out wavelength of electron if u have h-6.6*10^-34 m- 9.1*10^-31 and also KE 2*10^-18

Thanks

use K.E=1/2*m*v^2 and wavelength = h/p = h/mv to work out wavelength as = 0.35nm
Reply 165
Original post by smerkz
It does indeed, yes :smile:

One last question. In line 56 of the pre release, it says that xrays are produced. It's because the incoming electron transfers energy to the stationary electron which then rises to a higher energy level. But what causes it to fall back down to emit the X ray?
Original post by urz13

(June 2014 paper)

Thanks!

Do you have a mark scheme for june 2014??
Original post by Iridann
use 1/2 * mv^2 = hc/lambda

Isn't that what I said? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HennersPD
use K.E=1/2*m*v^2 and wavelength = h/p = h/mv to work out wavelength as = 0.35nm

Why can't you use E=hc/lamda?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Why can't you use E=hc/lamda?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats the same just written differently haha! either way works just fine! how're you feeling for this, did you find g494 good? :smile:
thats the same just written differently haha! either way works just fine! how're you feeling for this, did you find g494 good? :smile:

Weird
I get 9.9x10^-8
When I use E=hc/lambda

Assuming E is 2x10^-18

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made some silly mistakes
Not sure how many marks I lost
Quite a few on silly mistakes
Hopefully I got an A
I just need an A in this to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought you could have two electrons at any energy level at a time... But a maximum of two
Reply 173
Original post by francescafisher
I thought you could have two electrons at any energy level at a time... But a maximum of two

I think thats only the case in the first energy level and its something to do with spin that we don't need to know.
Reply 174
Can anyone help me with re-arranging the relativistic factor equation to find velocity when you have the relativistic factor?
I'm wracking my brains to do it but I just can't get the right answer. :frown:
Reply 175
Original post by Tibbz2
Do you have a mark scheme for june 2014??

Here you are :smile: (hopefully this link works, if not theres a link to all past papers and markschemes on P1 or 2 of this thread)
file:///C:/Users/Alex/Downloads/G495%20June%2014%20Mark%20Scheme%20(3).pdf
Original post by urz13
Here you are :smile: (hopefully this link works, if not theres a link to all past papers and markschemes on P1 or 2 of this thread)
file:///C:/Users/Alex/Downloads/G495%20June%2014%20Mark%20Scheme%20(3).pdf

That would be the local directory :P
can anyone tell me everything I need to know about bosons please? Read this https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Physics_(Advancing_Physics)/Bosons it didn't help. In particular I don't get the weak nuclear force, thanks
Original post by G_Parv
Can anyone help me with re-arranging the relativistic factor equation to find velocity when you have the relativistic factor?
I'm wracking my brains to do it but I just can't get the right answer. :frown:

Steps
Square both sides
Multiply by (1-v^2/c^2)
Divide by gamma^2
Take the v^2/c^2 the other side
Times by c^2
Square root everything
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we collate some pointers about the advance notice please?
Really worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending