The Student Room Group

Summer before med school

I'll be off to medical school this September (hopefully!) and I just finished my A-Levels. Which means I have roughly 3 months on my hands. Any ideas on what I should do during these 3 months? I've binged on TV for the past few weeks and now I feel sick to the stomach, haha.
Original post by PizzaMyHeart
I'll be off to medical school this September (hopefully!) and I just finished my A-Levels. Which means I have roughly 3 months on my hands. Any ideas on what I should do during these 3 months? I've binged on TV for the past few weeks and now I feel sick to the stomach, haha.

Spend lots of time with your friends/family, get a job, get drunk a lot, watch new TV shows, read new books, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. You won't get this much "no strings attached" free time ever again.
Original post by Democracy
Spend lots of time with your friends/family, get a job, get drunk a lot, watch new TV shows, read new books, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. You won't get this much "no strings attached" free time ever again.

Any recommendations in particular?:smile:
Reply 3

I can recommend looking at one of those '1001 books to read before you die' type lists and seeing what strikes you from that. There tends to be a variety of styles and periods in them so if you like period classics then you can go for those, or if you like postcolonial lit you can go for that, etc.

Some completely random recommendations from me:

Cloud Atlas and The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
Anything by Chuck Palahniuk
Original post by Ronove
I can recommend looking at one of those '1001 books to read before you die' type lists and seeing what strikes you from that. There tends to be a variety of styles and periods in them so if you like period classics then you can go for those, or if you like postcolonial lit you can go for that, etc.

Some completely random recommendations from me:

Cloud Atlas and The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
Anything by Chuck Palahniuk

Ah thanks! Cloud Atlas is great, love it.
Get a job then travel/backpackmwith the money you've earned

House of God
Enjoy yourself as much as possible as it's constant work for the next 10-15 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yabbayabba
Enjoy yourself as much as possible as it's constant work for the next 10-15 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ambrosia_angel
Get a job then travel/backpackmwith the money you've earned

Original post by Etomidate
House of God

Original post by yabbayabba

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the suggestions and advice!
Reply 9
I just finished my exams today and am already lost as to what to do. I spent a good hour just aimlessly walking around my house. Now I have the 3/4month wait till uni (hopefully). Still lost as to what to do, probs try and get a job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RagaZ
I just finished my exams today and am already lost as to what to do. I spent a good hour just aimlessly walking around my house. Now I have the 3/4month wait till uni (hopefully). Still lost as to what to do, probs try and get a job

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly how that feels haha! It's like months of pressure suddenly gone and you start having an existential discussion with yourself. I've decided to learn as much of French as I can over summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending