The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SH0405
I suppose there's no leeway with Warwick offers. Say I got A* (maths), A (further maths) and A* (physics) plus a distinction in AEA and a grade 2 (or 3 :s-smilie:) in STEP; is there any chance?? Further Maths also hasn't gone great for me. Still got FP2 to go though....that's my favourite :smile:.

When I went to the open day, the guy said 2/3 of the people accepted dont meet the offer. I think thats mostly ppl getting a*aa2, which is almost definitely going to get you in if you get it, as people get in, apparently regularly, with a*aa3.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by SH0405
I suppose there's no leeway with Warwick offers. Say I got A* (maths), A (further maths) and A* (physics) plus a distinction in AEA and a grade 2 (or 3 :s-smilie:) in STEP; is there any chance?? Further Maths also hasn't gone great for me. Still got FP2 to go though....that's my favourite :smile:.

hahaha same, FP2 gona make or break me. Warwick Maths offers are very lenient due to the insane requirements there are a lot of near miss candidates who get in, last year I was heard it was something like 1/3 -> 1/2.

Original post by randomuser1
I was Okay on step :colondollar:. Probably because I actually don't like the integration questions, so I go against the grain in that respect. think I got at least a 2 maybe even a 1, my problem is physics as I'm sure I would get in with A*aa2 but I've been told almost no one has a B. This means tmro's g485 is make or break for me :biggrin:

A*AA2 wont meet requirements though, wouldnt you need A*AA1 or A*A*A2?
I was Okay on step :colondollar:. Probably because I actually don't like the integration questions, so I go against the grain in that respect. think I got at least a 2 maybe even a 1, my problem is physics as I'm sure I would get in with A*aa2 but I've been told almost no one has a B. This means tmro's g485 is make or break for me :biggrin:

So you're with OCR Physics? Are you ready?
Original post by SH0405
So you're with OCR Physics? Are you ready?

Hope so! But thats what I thought with g484 :s-smilie: Think I need a few marks above an a in this to guarantee an a overall
Hope so! But thats what I thought with g484 :s-smilie: Think I need a few marks above an a in this to guarantee an a overall

Ah yes, G484. I didn't actually find it too bad - how many marks do you think you got? I really would like an A* in this...guess I'll 'see' you on the thread tomorrow.
Original post by Jai Sandhu
hahaha same, FP2 gona make or break me. Warwick Maths offers are very lenient due to the insane requirements there are a lot of near miss candidates who get in, last year I was heard it was something like 1/3 -> 1/2.

A*AA2 wont meet requirements though, wouldnt you need A*AA1 or A*A*A2?

It wouldn't automatically, but see my last post page before. My tour at open day got in with a*aa3
Original post by SH0405
Ah yes, G484. I didn't actually find it too bad - how many marks do you think you got? I really would like an A* in this...guess I'll 'see' you on the thread tomorrow.

Think I got ~43 on g484, scraped an a last year and got a in coursework so possible some leeway but hard to say.
It wouldn't automatically, but see my last post page before. My tour at open day got in with a*aa3

Lets be honest, we dont want to be in that position, worst case scenario for me I think I have is A*AA2, best case is A*A*A*1.
Lets be honest, we dont want to be in that position, worst case scenario for me I think I have is A*AA2, best case is A*A*A*1.

Of course you dont WANT to be in that position :biggrin:. For me, assuming I get a tmro in physics, worst is A*aa2 aswell, best A*a*a1.
Of course you dont WANT to be in that position :biggrin:. For me, assuming I get a tmro in physics, worst is A*aa2 aswell, best A*a*a1.

Yeah so hopefully A*AA2 > A*A*A3 hahahaah
Yeah so hopefully A*AA2 > A*A*A3 hahahaah

It better :biggrin:. I would be much happier with a high grade in STEP than any a level considering the difficulty.
It better :biggrin:. I would be much happier with a high grade in STEP than any a level considering the difficulty.

Let us hope Warwick thinks the same way.
Do you guys find the A* FM harder than a 2 in STEP? Tbh, I think that a 2 in STEP is a lot harder than A* FM... Think I got around 58ish on I so hoping to get a Dist in AEA to be sure.
Original post by fatart123
Do you guys find the A* FM harder than a 2 in STEP? Tbh, I think that a 2 in STEP is a lot harder than A* FM... Think I got around 58ish on I so hoping to get a Dist in AEA to be sure.

58 is an easy 2 hahaha, yeah an A* in FM for me is harder than a 2, I was a bit annoyed the 4th of my 4 complete solutions for STEP 1had a stupid error in it from misreading the question, just have to hope FP2 goes my way, I no longer care about AEA so I can bring down the boundaries for you :wink:

Well I've only done fp2 of my FM modules, which I am fairly sure I got an a* in, but means I can't comment overall. Getting a 1 in STEP would be harder than a* in maths for sure. Think getting a 2 in it is very doable.

This does indeed happen; although I should warn you, that depends on how the paper is received nationally. If lots of people do well, you probably won't get in with that; if however they don't have enough who have met their offer, then of course, things like this are more common.
Original post by Paraphilos
This does indeed happen; although I should warn you, that depends on how the paper is received nationally. If lots of people do well, you probably won't get in with that; if however they don't have enough who have met their offer, then of course, things like this are more common.

x

x

I think this years STEP 1 paper was much harder than last year so maybe it will apply this year? Idk if you guys agree.
Also, as a note, with STEP people normally underestimate their performance.
Original post by SH0405
I think I am in the same position :frown:. What's your insurance?

Bristol, and yourself?

Also, what is the process for those who missed their offers getting in? Does the university contact you or do you have to phone and beg on results day?
I think this years STEP 1 paper was much harder than last year so maybe it will apply this year? Idk if you guys agree.

Generally Warwick are more lenient than Cambridge for instance when it comes to meeting your STEP offer; however, this does not mean that they 'dumb down' the course at all. It is still demanding and I guess I don't need to mention that.

Quick Reply

Latest