The Student Room Group

AQA RST4A Exam Discussion Thread - Wesnesday 17th June 2015

Hey guys,

Couldn't find a thread for this years exam so thought I'd start one. How is everyone feeling about this paper? I have revised all the content that I've been given by my teacher but I'm still not very confident about the exam. The lack of a solid syllabus/textbook really doesn't help! Anyone got any tips on how to tackle this paper? Can't help but feel it's gonna be the one that lets me down!

I'm doing the religious experience unit, btw :smile:
Original post by myles161
Hey guys,

Couldn't find a thread for this years exam so thought I'd start one. How is everyone feeling about this paper? I have revised all the content that I've been given by my teacher but I'm still not very confident about the exam. The lack of a solid syllabus/textbook really doesn't help! Anyone got any tips on how to tackle this paper? Can't help but feel it's gonna be the one that lets me down!

I'm doing the religious experience unit, btw :smile:

I'm feeling pretty confident for this exam, seems to just be 4 real parts to the course and the questions seem to come from those all of the time from what I gather. Hoping that influence as a source of practise and behaviour or something to do with revelations/ conversions comes up.
Reply 2
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
I'm feeling Hoping that influence as a source of practise and behaviour or something to do with revelations/ conversions comes up.

I'm pretty sure something like this will come up, looking at the past papers, there has been a question on that each year so far.

Yeah I see what you mean about the exam as well, as I've done a second lot of revision for the paper and done a couple of practice questions I'm more confident with it. Just gotta keep the work going for the next 6 weeks now haha.
Does styles and characteristics mean the same thing?! If not I completely messed up this exam
how was it???
Original post by anniebeechey
Does styles and characteristics mean the same thing?! If not I completely messed up this exam

i just stated what the types were... like visions, mysticals, conversions, revelations etc etc
Reply 6
Original post by freddiegray1
i just stated what the types were... like visions, mysticals, conversions, revelations etc etc

Hey do u remember the question for religious experience for 2015 if so could u reply asap
has anyone got what came up in the 2015exam for religious experience or cosmological argument because i need it!thank you!
Reply 8
Anyone remember the ethics questions for this exam?
Original post by NiallHoran12345
has anyone got what came up in the 2015exam for religious experience or cosmological argument because i need it!thank you!

I sat that exam, it was awful except cosmology.
Cosmology, 30 marker was 'explain the cosmological argument' DREAM. The 20 marker I think was something about the strengths and weaknesses.

Sorry I really can't remember their religious experience side it was a horrible question that I've repressed haha.

For anyone doing psychology, the 30 marker was 'Describe what Jung's quest for integration and archetypes are.' or along those lines. The 20 marker was then assessing the strengths and weakness I believe of this.

For anyone doing Atheism and Postmodernism, The 30 question was harsh it was all about agnosticism which is unfair as there isn't enough to write about. I don't know what the 20 marker was as I saw the 30 and freaked out and didn't answer this section.

I'm sorry I can't remember more but I hope that helps a little bit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending