The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Think I got full marks on C3 and somewhere between 61-66 in C4. A* will be tight!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smem_96
You might lose a method mark and then the final answer mark, so long as the rest of your working is correct :smile:

Ah seriously? Thanks man(woman?) thats great!! 73/75 is not bad at all... (says sarcastically whilst astonished at such an achievement inside!)
How many UMS would 55/75 be for this paper?
62 in c3 and 66 in c4 enough to absolutely scrape the A* ?
Original post by pinkcrystal
How many UMS would 55/75 be for this paper?

75-77 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahid1

Ok thank you! That seems higher than I expected, do people reckon the grade boundaries will be low?
Original post by jayjay531
62 in c3 and 66 in c4 enough to absolutely scrape the A* ?

C3 didn't go down well so 62 could be 90% you never know. In my opinion, you might miss out, it will be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Braddy16
C3 didn't go down well so 62 could be 90% you never know. In my opinion, you might miss out, it will be close.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How close you reckon I'll be?
Thank you for replying by the way :smile:
Think I've missed A* by a couple marks... ****
258 Ums last year

54/75 m1
66/75 c3
60/75 c4

Thoughts on whether I have got enough for an A?
Original post by Artfanatic
258 Ums last year

54/75 m1
66/75 c3
60/75 c4

Thoughts on whether I have got enough for an A?

if your estimates are correct definitely
Original post by TeeEm
if your estimates are correct definitely

OOoh I hope so! Well they are all worst case scenario I think so hopefully I have estimated right. Just gotta wait till results day I guess!
Reply 3792
Original post by Artfanatic
OOoh I hope so! Well they are all worst case scenario I think so hopefully I have estimated right. Just gotta wait till results day I guess!

If that's your worst case scenario, you could be looking at A* mate
Original post by xKay
If that's your worst case scenario, you could be looking at A* mate

I doubt it really - C4 went horrid for me but I think I will get 90% in C3 - who knows but I want the A really
Original post by hasan6091
Even if i used subsitution i would not be able to do the question because of the fact that i do not know how to integrate a constant raised to a power because its not in any book or in the spec so my teachers didnt bother teaching it

I wasn't taught it either, I've emailed edexcel to ask about it as it isn't it any textbook :frown:
Reply 3795
Original post by ahb123
I wasn't taught it either, I've emailed edexcel to ask about it as it isn't it any textbook :frown:

if you had looked at the jan 13 paper you would have learnt how to do it. Just shows you didn't revise enough tbh
Original post by xKay
if you had looked at the jan 13 paper you would have learnt how to do it. Just shows you didn't revise enough tbh

Considering I taught myself the subject I shouldn't have to do every single past paper to uncover that. It's simple, if edexcel are going to ask a question on something it should be included in the textbook
Will
62 in c4
43 in c3
65 in m1
Be enough for 210 this year?
Reply 3798
Original post by ahb123
Considering I taught myself the subject I shouldn't have to do every single past paper to uncover that. It's simple, if edexcel are going to ask a question on something it should be included in the textbook

Well that's your own fault for not doing enough papers.
Original post by xKay
Well that's your own fault for not doing enough papers.

I did about 10 papers actually just didn't happen to do that one. It's not even worth my time talking to you 👋 👋

Quick Reply

Latest