The Student Room Group

AQA A2 COMP 3 Computing 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arjunlotay
I've heard that there are only 3 past papers for comp3, and I could only find 3 on the AQA website. Are there anymore is that all we have to work with?

see if your teacher has access to Zig Zag education and get the practice papers off of there they are really good some question are a bit of a stretch which is good if they don't have it email me [email protected] and I will send it to you :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sagar448
To everyone who wants to do whatsapp group, either send your number to this email > [email protected] OR post it on the thread. Looks like he's offline and the computing exam is approaching so i'll just start it, he can join too. :biggrin:

Hey yeah thanks, I don't mind who does it. I was at my girlfriends for the day... Her internet doesn't work O.o .. Was like living in the Stone Age
Original post by ComputingIsLife
see if your teacher has access to Zig Zag education and get the practice papers off of there they are really good some question are a bit of a stretch which is good if they don't have it reply and i will try to upload it to here :smile:

Hi, if you could upload those that would be really nice :biggrin: (my school has no resources at all)
Physics this morning :redface:

Well at least I'll be able to get on with some revision for my next two!
Original post by Iridann
Physics this morning :redface:

Well at least I'll be able to get on with some revision for my next two!

Good luck man!
Original post by JamGrip
Hi, if you could upload those that would be really nice :biggrin: (my school has no resources at all)

its all copy rights so decided its probably best to email it to people drop me an email [email protected] and I will send it to you :biggrin:
Original post by ComputingIsLife
its all copy rights so decided its probably best to email it to people drop me an email [email protected] and I will send it to you :biggrin:

Hi,
Would you be able to send me a copy too if I email you?
My school didn't seem to want to get them :frown:
Cheers
:biggrin:
Original post by helloinvader
Hi,
Would you be able to send me a copy too if I email you?
My school didn't seem to want to get them :frown:
Cheers
:biggrin:

yeah that is fine anyone that wants them just email :biggrin:
Original post by OWSLADecent
Good luck man!

Thanks, it went better than expected :redface:
COMP1: 74 UMS COMP2: 70 UMS What would I need to get in COMP3 AND 4 to get an A?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 190
Original post by Sumz.96
COMP1: 74 UMS COMP2: 70 UMS What would I need to get in COMP3 AND 4 to get an A?

Nobody knows. We only know when the results/ grade boundaries come out.
Original post by Sumz.96

Well, you currently have 144 UMS which is a low B (I think) the UMS needed for an A is 320 UMS, so you'd need to at least get 176 from comp 3 and 4, which would probably be a high-ish A in both.. That is if I'm correct with my maths..
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 192
What bits of pseudocode do we need to know?
Here's those Notes I talked about in Whatsapp :u:
[video="youtube;SS-9y0H3Si8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS-9y0H3Si8[/video]
Reply 195
Original post by Nurishment
[video="youtube;SS-9y0H3Si8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS-9y0H3Si8[/video]

Thanks for the video, its well explained by that guy. Even though I already knew OOP, I think the video you posted is gold. I couldn't find one criticism.
Original post by LeftTeh
Well, you currently have 144 UMS which is a low B (I think) the UMS needed for an A is 320 UMS, so you'd need to at least get 176 from comp 3 and 4, which would probably be a high-ish A in both.. That is if I'm correct with my maths..

Yep, they're all good - if anyone else wants to do the calculations, the maximum UMS for each unit is:

COMP1 120

COMP2 80

COMP3 120

COMP4 80

And the UMS grade conversions (for A2) are:

MAX 400

A 320

B 280

C 240

D 200

E 160

And for an A* you need at least 180 UMS (90% of the UMS) between COMP3 and COMP4.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by Shaney96
Cheers, you too. It seems AQA are pretty skilled when it comes to ****ing students over. The economics exam are pretty naff as well compared to other exam boards. Hopefully the cram will work for me as it does others!

Hail the cram!

:adore:

Yeah are you sitting ECON4 tomorrow? It's one of the rewritten papers so it could be really nice or it could be really awful. f*** AQA. The cram will start friday and will continue until monday, and then it's all over!
Reply 198
Does anyone know if the Comp4 papers got stolen too?
Reply 199
Original post by Async
Does anyone know if the Comp4 papers got stolen too?

(think you meant comp3)

Nope Comp3 wasn't on the list, papers stolen were all meant to be sat this week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending