The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

If anyone does a mark scheme could you please let me know? i dont know if I did very well or very bad... That paper got me really confused... I dont even know why I revised it was just common sense... Nothing from the spec.
Original post by NilaJ
UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME COMPLETE GOOGLE DOC, message me for any changes nobody can have permissions to edit sorry <3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sW_toUaWLpw7QcKANIHIUpIHleUwiZjA6nuZEo5-9Lg/edit?usp=sharing

THANK YOU!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That question with the examples of innate and learned behaviour

Stupid me somehow misread it and named each example as 'innate' or 'learned', unaware you were supposed to specifically identify the behaviour.
5 easy marks out the bag right there

Also, what did everyone get for that question about how blah blah gets transported around the plant?
Read that mark scheme with s pinch of salt - remember that OCR markschemes are very picky and are totally different to the student markscheme

Only use that markscheme as a very vague reference point
Predicted A boundary??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unknown505
For the acetylcholine wouldn't it be sacrolemma as that is the post synaptic membrane??

That's what I wrote :s-smilie:
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Predicted A boundary??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already told you bro

67 :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm anticipating it same as last year from everyone's reactions I've seen so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bengali mandem
I already told you bro

67 :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Far too high, too high!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4869
Original post by Brownclown
Read that mark scheme with s pinch of salt - remember that OCR markschemes are very picky and are totally different to the student markscheme

Only use that markscheme as a very vague reference point

Yes I have stated this at the bottom of our mark scheme, we are not OCR, but its to help people.
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Far too high, too high!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok 65 then, but that's as low as it will go i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NilaJ
UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME COMPLETE GOOGLE DOC, message me for any changes nobody can have permissions to edit sorry <3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sW_toUaWLpw7QcKANIHIUpIHleUwiZjA6nuZEo5-9Lg/edit?usp=sharing

With where acetylcholine receptors are found - surely this is the neuromuscular junction? Post synaptic membranes can have different neurotransmitter receptors after all, so it's not always receptors for acetylcholine
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
With where acetylcholine receptors are found - surely this is the neuromuscular junction? Post synaptic membranes can have different neurotransmitter receptors after all, so it's not always receptors for acetylcholine

it asked specifically where they are, and that is the post synaptic membrane
Can anyone confirm for salvia sample 1 marker for genetic information one (I think) did people put dna?? Or molecules in the mouth I put them 2 was not sure
Reply 4874

Technically true, but they wanted to know where on which membrane, and that will probably be the answer, I'm sure there will be one accepting a muscular answer too
Original post by jessicadanby1996

But they are also specifically in the neuromuscular junction, are they not? Like I said, post synaptic membranes can have different receptors, so this isnt the case surely?
But they are also specifically in the neuromuscular junction, are they not? Like I said, post synaptic membranes can have different receptors, so this isnt the case surely?

well they're found on post synaptic membrane of the neuromuscular junctions. check the text book or google it i guess
Reply 4877

Yes but when they are there they are found on the postsynaptic membrane
meh, did ok according to the mark scheme. A bit fearful to look but probably got around 55 *sigh* No A for me :frown:
Original post by jessicadanby1996

Original post by Student23478
Can anyone confirm for salvia sample 1 marker for genetic information one (I think) did people put dna?? Or molecules in the mouth I put them 2 was not sure

Fair enough. I was tempted to go with this but it seemed oddly vague so i put Neuromuscular junction - post synaptic membrane but it's probably a MARK FIRST ANS ONLY kinda thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending