The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

For the light shining in the person's eye, could you have said it was like an escape reflex and the autonomic system was involved?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4881
Original post by spyrogyra
For the light shining in the person's eye, could you have said it was like an escape reflex and the autonomic system was involved?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure about the escape part but its certainly an autonomic reflex!
Original post by Student23478
Can anyone confirm for salvia sample 1 marker for genetic information one (I think) did people put dna?? Or molecules in the mouth I put them 2 was not sure

If you mean the source of dna i put the cheek cells
Original post by NilaJ
UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME COMPLETE GOOGLE DOC, message me for any changes nobody can have permissions to edit sorry <3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sW_toUaWLpw7QcKANIHIUpIHleUwiZjA6nuZEo5-9Lg/edit?usp=sharing

I think the second to last answer was to do with how it is transported around the plant after it has been absorbed?

Maybe mass flow etc?
Reply 4885
Original post by Solarburst
I think the second to last answer was to do with how it is transported around the plant after it has been absorbed?

Maybe mass flow etc?

I shall add in the term mass flow!
Original post by Miller_r
If you mean the source of dna i put the cheek cells
woo so did I.
I think the second to last answer was to do with how it is transported around the plant after it has been absorbed?<br />
<br />
Maybe mass flow etc?

I did the same and said that it moves out of the bordered pits. Seemed logical, right?
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
woo so did I.

I did the same and said that it moves out of the bordered pits. Seemed logical, right?

Original post by NilaJ
I shall add in the term mass flow!

Yeah because since it was AFTER (sorry can't italicize on my phone aha) the active transport into roots is irrelevant?
Reply 4888
Yeah because since it was AFTER (sorry can't italicize on my phone aha) the active transport into roots is irrelevant?

I don't remember the exact phrasing, I remember mentioning the roots to be sure but mainly spoke about the flown the phloem and sink of the plant, but ill trust your memory is better than mine!

Original post by NilaJ
I don't remember the exact phrasing, I remember mentioning the roots to be sure but mainly spoke about the flown the phloem and sink of the plant, but ill trust your memory is better than mine!

Didn't it say how the stuff gets transported to the fruit rather than into the roots themselves? Tbh I was annoyed when I saw this as there was too much cheeky unit 1,2 and 4 in this
Reply 4890
Didn't it say how the stuff gets transported to the fruit rather than into the roots themselves? Tbh I was annoyed when I saw this as there was too much cheeky unit 1,2 and 4 in this

I think it was far too heavy on the synopticity even for the synoptic paper. Someone on twitter said they realised they left the relevant content out of 1,2 and 4 and decided to shove it in 5! So true. Think it was a bit unfair with the sheer level of it all really.

Original post by NilaJ

Yeah it was to do with the fruit but I'm pretty sure it stated after it has been abosorbed, hopefully someone will clarify it tomorrow :smile:
Original post by NilaJ
I think it was far too heavy on the synopticity even for the synoptic paper. Someone on twitter said they realised they left the relevant content out of 1,2 and 4 and decided to shove it in 5! So true. Think it was a bit unfair with the sheer level of it all really.

I flicked through the whole paper at the start, as I always do, and thought "yeah this seems alright"

Then I actually read the questions as I was progressing and I kept thinking "so when does unit 5 actuall start?"

After the plant and human responses, there didn't seem to be anything on unit 5 ffs
Original post by NilaJ

Yea i wouldn't have minded a hard paper it is just the fact i think i would have done just as well having not revised for that paper which is not really how exams should be
Reply 4894
I flicked through the whole paper at the start, as I always do, and thought "yeah this seems alright"

Then I actually read the questions as I was progressing and I kept thinking "so when does unit 5 actuall start?"

After the plant and human responses, there didn't seem to be anything on unit 5 ffs

Barely any biotech, or behaviour really, even though most of the unit 5 stuff was from module4 it still didn't feel like real module 4.
Lacking on anything properly genetic either, thought the whole paper was at a loss to actually challenge our F215 ability and mostly counted on catching us out with stuff we haven't seen in a year!
What ums do you think 75 would get? I thought an A would be around the same as last year, because last year had a lot more recall questions.
Reply 4896
Original post by Miller_r
Yea i wouldn't have minded a hard paper it is just the fact i think i would have done just as well having not revised for that paper which is not really how exams should be

I would have far preferred a paper like last year or harder, as long as I felt like I was really being asked about.....you know......F215!!!
Reply 4897
Original post by a123a
What ums do you think 75 would get? I thought an A would be around the same as last year, because last year had a lot more recall questions.

142ish
Reply 4898
Yeah it was to do with the fruit but I'm pretty sure it stated after it has been abosorbed, hopefully someone will clarify it tomorrow :smile:

Oh I'm sure ill get plenty more corrections!
Original post by NilaJ
I would have far preferred a paper like last year or harder, as long as I felt like I was really being asked about.....you know......F215!!!

I thought last years paper was very good and am a bit annoyed that wasn't our real exam as long questions on transcription and translation and biotech are all really good and it tested our unit 5 knowledge at least!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending