The Student Room Group

Uni decisions for Future opportunities!!!!

Hi i just finished my Alevel exams and i dont think i will get into the uni that i want to go to. which means i have to go for my insurance choice which is a low ranked uni. i want to know when applying for jobs after uni do they take an applicant who studies in one of the top uni but have a DECENT degree OR an applicant who is graduated from a low ranked uni with a GOOD degree.
Original post by ultimate brain
Hi i just finished my Alevel exams and i dont think i will get into the uni that i want to go to. which means i have to go for my insurance choice which is a low ranked uni. i want to know when applying for jobs after uni do they take an applicant who studies in one of the top uni but have a DECENT degree OR an applicant who is graduated from a low ranked uni with a GOOD degree.

the one with the good degree classification, depends on the job but most wont be that bothered which uni you went to
Original post by claireestelle
the one with the good degree classification, depends on the job but most wont be that bothered which uni you went to

Thank you and i am looking towards a career in the finance and banking. the only thing that frustrates me is that lot of people say that top uni students have better and lot of opportunities.
Original post by ultimate brain
Thank you and i am looking towards a career in the finance and banking. the only thing that frustrates me is that lot of people say that top uni students have better and lot of opportunities.

if you get a better degree classification than those at top unis you ve nothing to worry about:smile:
Original post by claireestelle
if you get a better degree classification than those at top unis you ve nothing to worry about:smile:

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest