This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danny the Geezer
Lonely and down.

Original post by ScaryScience
done with this BS

If either of you need/want someone to talk to, I'm around, send a PM.
Original post by Pathway

I managed to go and have a drink with one of my best friends I havent seen since Christmas and I wore make-up and did something with my hair and I wore going out clothes and it was awesome and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! :biggrin: :ahee: :woo: :awesome:
Original post by ScaryScience

don't think i am but oh well. :hugs: hope things get better for you soon

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I managed to go and have a drink with one of my best friends I havent seen since Christmas and I wore make-up and did something with my hair and I wore going out clothes and it was awesome and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! :biggrin: :ahee: :woo: :awesome:

:woo: that's great! :jumphug:
Original post by Pathway

Thank you lovely! :smile: How are you? :hugs:
Thank you lovely! :smile: How are you? :hugs:

donttknow realy bad dissociation becaus someone jsutcame in my room and shouldnt haev and its bad
Original post by Pathway
donttknow realy bad dissociation becaus someone jsutcame in my room and shouldnt haev and its bad

Aw chick. :frown: Can you try and ground? PM if you want. :hugs:
Aw chick. :frown: Can you try and ground? PM if you want. :hugs:

don tknow dont want to triggger but thnank you
Original post by Pathway

sorry to hear that. its so hard :console:
Original post by Anonymous
sorry to hear that. its so hard :console:

me :/
Original post by Pathway
don tknow dont want to triggger but thnank you

Not going to trigger me- promise you! :yep: :hugs: Go for it if it would be helpful! :smile:

well done, that's really good :hugs:
Original post by Pathway

Not going to trigger me- promise you! :yep: :hugs: Go for it if it would be helpful! :smile:

thank ou

Original post by Danny the Geezer

:hugs:
Found 3 jobs I can apply to. Having one hell of a **** time trying to write the cover letters. Voices won't cut me some slack, they're all I can think about. Trying not to come across as a complete moron but failing pretty badly. Hate the whole concept of cover letters, they know it's bull****, I know it's bull**** or, in my case in particular, just outright ****.

:woo: :party: thats my tasha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Need to let out some thoughts, and I need advice.

I am really shy, nervous and anxious in public. Today I left the house and I had never felt so scared of such a simple experience. I think my PMS is amplifying that anxiousness cause I don't always feel that way when I go out, especially if I'm constantly leaving the house (which isn't often). I recently pursued two volunteering roles but just can't bring myself to attend, because I both feel too shy and nervous, and feel that I would be of no value. I'm not a confident person: one of them is with kids, and I just feel that I don't care enough about these people or have the motivation/confidence to step up to the role. I don't have a social circle, so I feel that I have nobody to talk to. I should be going to university in a few months, and the thought of it terrifies me. I just don't know how to confidentally step out of my comfort zone and overcome my anxiousness. I did apply for CBT but couldn't bring myself to ring them. It makes me feel incredibly embarrassed, which is partly a reason as to why I never discuss it with loved ones. It honestly feels like I am my own worst enemy, and I am holding myself back. But again, I just don't know how to overcome it. The volunteering roles are in new places that I haven't been; was gonna travel there today to get a feel for the place, but, again, just couldn't pluck up the courage. I got home and just burst in to tears. I honestly feel alienated, and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

:console: Is a tough one. Either CBT or the volunteering could be really good for you, but it seems like you need something to give you that one push to get you started. Sometimes it helps me to consciously avoid thinking things through, if all I'd be doing is worrying about things going wrong, and just do the thing on the spur of the moment. But I can appreciate that worrying is a hard thing to stop, especially once you're in the habit! :tongue:

Remember that everyone has value, and that you have a lot to offer the world. :smile: And a lot of people have one mental illness or another, it's nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. :nah: I found years ago that talking about how I was feeling online was a good precursor to doing it in real life - I put in plenty of practise, and now I'm much more comfortable with discussing things in person.

Lemony goodness. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Things seem to be falling apart lately and I can't cope. Ive been drinking more than usual lately as its the only thing that helps me to somewhat relax. I know it isn't good for me and although I'm not drinking every night I think it might come to it if I don't get help soon. I selfharmed for the first time in years last night. I want to go to my gp but I'm worried he'll make me go to hospital.
Original post by Anon #2
No worries :tongue:

PS - As if you're allowed your phone?! **** hit the fan when a nurse found out I hid mine in my room :mmm: they were really strict about it for some reason.

Yeah, we are all allowed our phones! They just charge them for us in the back room. :smile: Swear to god.

Original post by Midnightmemories
:hugs: hope you're okay :console:

I'm getting better. :smile:

Latest