The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

CS 2015 Introduction

hey i am Ish

will be joining uni of ed this year...would be glad to meet some others who are coming and doing cs as well

btw i am from India

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ishh12
hey i am Ish

will be joining uni of ed this year...would be glad to meet some others who are coming and doing cs as well

btw i am from India

hey... i m also from india...
doing cs BEng.... u?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Ishh12
hey i am Ish

btw i am from India

B.Eng or Bsc or msc or M.Eng,i am applying for the sep 2016 intake bsc cs
Original post by Sd0210
hey... i m also from india...
doing cs BEng.... u?

Hey is a B.eng better or a bsc for cs.Coz i'm moving to uk forever??I am from mumbai
Reply 4
Original post by jontyfernz
Hey is a B.eng better or a bsc for cs.Coz i'm moving to uk forever??I am from mumbai

Well I ll move back to India after a few years...so here the BE is a better degree than bsc in cs... So I opted fr it...
moreover I would prefer spending 4 yrs for BEng than bsc...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sd0210
Well I ll move back to India after a few years...so here the BE is a better degree than bsc in cs... So I opted fr it...

B.Eng is more of electronics rather than computers,Are you from Mumbai btw.I want to go into more of a computers course focusing more on software.And only stupid companies look at what course have you done.Good ones in India look at the university and your grades preferably a 2:1 is good to get a 10 lakh p.a job
Reply 6
B.Eng is more of electronics rather than computers,Are you from Mumbai btw.I want to go into more of a computers course focusing more on software.And only stupid companies look at what course have you done.Good ones in India look at the university and your grades preferably a 2:1 is good to get a 10 lakh p.a job

I am from kolkata... But I have checked all the modules of uni of edinburgh for be .... N it's totally abt cs...nt electronics...
Original post by Sd0210
I am from kolkata... But I have checked all the modules of uni of edinburgh for be .... N it's totally abt cs...nt electronics...

There are some differences in the modules of an english,welsh,scottish or irish university.I am not going to scotland though,anyways how much did you score in your boards??
Reply 8
There are some differences in the modules of an english,welsh,scottish or irish university.I am not going to scotland though,anyways how much did you score in your boards??

95.25%
Original post by Sd0210
95.25%

Man,I could not score even 85 in my 12th that's why doing my first year here in bsc it(mumbai university) and then joining there.Perhaps only if i joined a coaching classes and a good college i could have got 90%.I'm assuming you have got a scholarship too.
Hey and which agent did you go to,geebee,ediwise,IDP??
Reply 11
Hey and which agent did you go to,geebee,ediwise,IDP??

none... i did it all alone..
Reply 12
Man,I could not score even 85 in my 12th that's why doing my first year here in bsc it(mumbai university) and then joining there.Perhaps only if i joined a coaching classes and a good college i could have got 90%.I'm assuming you have got a scholarship too.

nope.. i havent... dey sed dey would gv me scholarship frm 2nd year based on my performance..
Original post by Sd0210
nope.. i havent... dey sed dey would gv me scholarship frm 2nd year based on my performance..

That's good.Good to see indians now starting to study in scotland,ireland and wales too.But it would be better if you studied at Imperial Or UCL or something in London
Reply 14
That's good.Good to see indians now starting to study in scotland,ireland and wales too.But it would be better if you studied at Imperial Or UCL or something in London

imperial rejected me.... ucl is still my firm bt i missed one of its condition(95 in maths) so dey need time to decide... my insurance is edinburgh
Original post by Sd0210
imperial rejected me.... ucl is still my firm bt i missed one of its condition(95 in maths) so dey need time to decide... my insurance is edinburgh

Starthclyde is also good for computers,Surrey and Birmingham you should have put one of these in UCAS
also ucl does not mention anything about maths on the india section.Only 90% required
Reply 17
also ucl does not mention anything about maths on the india section.Only 90% required

dats the requirement...bt wen dey give conditional offers its no less than 95....
Reply 18
Starthclyde is also good for computers,Surrey and Birmingham you should have put one of these in UCAS

going by international reputation and rankings uni of edinburgh is way above these....further its school of informatics is really famous so...
Original post by Sd0210
going by international reputation and rankings uni of edinburgh is way above these....further its school of informatics is really famous so...

Yeah that is there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending