How/when do you get final year results?

Watch
connelly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hiya, I'm a final year student at Glasgow and I finished all my exams last week. What I'm wondering is the format of the results. Do we get them in dribs and drabs and have to wait til the last one until we know our degree classification, or do they hold them all back and give you an e-mail saying "You have a 2.1"? Just wondering as my first exam was over a month ago and no results yet (supposed to be a 3 week turnaround) so I wasn't sure if they were waiting for the last one. I'm a borderline case between a 2.1 and 2.2 too so I was hoping not to have to get each individual exam back separately and not know the final result for ages!
Thanks
European Son
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am in the same boat, waiting on three different grades. I received one today, so the exam boards are clearly up and running, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long for you.

If you end up somewhere between the 14 and 15 GPA, then an exam board will decide.This might delay your result somewhat.
connelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by European Son)
I am in the same boat, waiting on three different grades. I received one today, so the exam boards are clearly up and running, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long for you.

If you end up somewhere between the 14 and 15 GPA, then an exam board will decide.This might delay your result somewhat.
Thanks! I just got an e-mail from one of my subjects (since I'm doing Joint) and they said, confusingly, that Single Honours students will get their results tomorrow but Joint will depend on the other subject. So maybe my department hold it all back to get it at once, and I won't get anything tomorrow necessarily.
I am borderline 2.1/2.2 but I *did* get a D in one component of last semester, and as far as I know that would exclude me from being bumped up. Swings and roundabouts, at least that means no delay Good luck with your results!
European Son
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What subjects are you studying?
connelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by European Son)
What subjects are you studying?
Languages. I got my results half an hour ago! There's no e-mail confirmation (so far) but if you go into MyResults, it says at the top. It's very understated, and they haven't put the individual exam results up, it just says "Classification..." etc. Hope yours come soon!
European Son
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah, cool. Well done.

Nothing for me yet
yiannisk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do they email 1st year students about their classification marks or not? I have received all of my results but on the email they didn't mention whether I got 1.1/2.1 etc.
yiannisk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by connelly)
Hiya, I'm a final year student at Glasgow and I finished all my exams last week. What I'm wondering is the format of the results. Do we get them in dribs and drabs and have to wait til the last one until we know our degree classification, or do they hold them all back and give you an e-mail saying "You have a 2.1"? Just wondering as my first exam was over a month ago and no results yet (supposed to be a 3 week turnaround) so I wasn't sure if they were waiting for the last one. I'm a borderline case between a 2.1 and 2.2 too so I was hoping not to have to get each individual exam back separately and not know the final result for ages!
Thanks
Do they email 1st year students about their classification marks or not? I have received all of my results but on the email they didn't mention whether I got 1.1/2.1 etc.
connelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by yiannisk)
Nope, there's no such thing as a classification in first year, probably because it doesn't count towards your final grade, and most people will be studying subjects they won't graduate in. Final year is also comparatively so much harder too, so even though you can calculate your final average mark into a degree classification, it doesn't really translate. It's great of course if you are averaging a good mark already though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (323)
34.36%
No (617)
65.64%

Watched Threads