The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2700
Original post by FirelightPhoenix
I'm pretty sure I got 24V, 11m and the first box! I had no idea what to do for that muon question, and I can't remember what I got for the last question :":wink:

I left muon till last as it looked difficult but it was just a relativity question unstructured :/. The 6 marker was a gift though.. I finished at charge on the droplet and how to measure then said charge is always n*1.6x10-19.. It didnt say mass of the electron needed measuring right?
Original post by dominicwild
Apart from the 6 marker on nuclear and thermal. I thought that was good. I had literally 0 idea how to answer that 6 marker!

It was related to Charles' law or the pressure law I think
Original post by SuperMushroom
For the first question on astro as it gave the distance from the sun in AU and it wanted the distance to the earth so do you take away 1AU from the largest distance given and this would give the distance to the earth

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it said largest distance, so you add 1AU not take away (3.57AU in total?)
Was it 3m or 15m.
It said smallest angle, so this is when the wavelength is smallest? (1nano not 5 nano)
Reply 2704
Did anyone of you guys use charles/pressure do the graph and shiz and then repeat at higher pressure/ volume and draw another line.. Same x intercept confirms absolute zero?
Original post by superduperbob
I put main sequence

it was a white dwarf
Original post by HenryHein
I think it said largest distance, so you add 1AU not take away (3.57AU in total?)

Hmmm I'm not too sure then, I took away 1AU

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the questions it said show that the value is 'about' x, such as show it was 1.4*10^-15 m and you get 1.43*10^-15, for the next part in the questions do you use 1.43 or 1.4? or doesn't it matter?
Original post by 000alex
Was it 3m or 15m.
It said smallest angle, so this is when the wavelength is smallest? (1nano not 5 nano)

I got 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
The amount of bull I wrote for the astro 6 marker was too damn high :tongue:
Original post by xela238
The temperature was 5000k not 16000, the value you used was the peak intensity, not the peak wavelength, the peak wavelength was the value as far right as possible

Noo its not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lad123
Anyone else get 47233 so 47000 on the latent heat one

For that did you work out Q for Q=mcT and Q=ml and add them ?
I got 3m for diameter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperMushroom
For the first question on astro as it gave the distance from the sun in AU and it wanted the distance to the earth so do you take away 1AU from the largest distance given and this would give the distance to the earth

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you add it. The largest distance is when the earth is on the opposite side of the sun compared to.. the thing
Original post by superduperbob
I put main sequence

-82 is definitely wrong if that's the absolute magnitude one, as it only goes down to -26
In the resolution question where lambda is between 1 and 5, which value of lambda were we supposed to use 1, 5 or 3?
Original post by lad123
For the one you got 160,000 i thought you were supposed to square them first then add them, and then divide by 3?

I initially thought this too. But I looked at the units, which were
Unparseable latex formula:

m^2s^-^2

So I calculated the mean. Then I just squared it all.
Guys did your paper for section b have R on the end of the code
Original post by Lizzieee4

yes
Original post by Lizzieee4

I did Q = mct + ml

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending