The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Charge stored, and voltage independent of frequency, so current independent

Isn't thermistor, higher temp, less resistance, so it would discharge faster

My second graph was steeper as well remembered they are inversely proportional from g482
(edited 8 years ago)
Best exam I've ever sat. Really confident in how I did
Could somebody tell me about the requirements for A*
Is it 270 out of 300 in practical+unit4+unit 5 or do I need above 90% in all three modules?
So basically if I nailed practical and unit 4, for example, and have 60+90=150 already, does it mean that I can get 120 in unit 5(which is like a or b) and still get an A*?
Good paper. Couldn't have asked for a better one.
Original post by Genty Boy
I didn't really know what to do for the sketch. For the first one I did an exponential with asymptotes of x=0 but then for the second one about heat I just made it not go down so fast exponentially in comparison to the other.

What did you guys do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

But doesn't NTC imply that higher temp -> lower resistance :/
Hence a lower time constant hence a steeper negative graph?
Initial reaction was nice paper but right now I'm confused af

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Devran22
I know I Deffo lost 11ish marks, but I don't think I'll go below 80.i think I'll be in the 80's. Hoping boundaries are like 76 for A

Posted from TSR Mobile

what the **** are you smoking ? 80% of people that i know did this exam said it was well harder than usual. Last year's was much easier...
Don't base grade boundaries on people from TSR , cause most people here are like A* candidates lol. I am sure that paper will not be more than 72 for an A.

LOL QUOTED THE WRONG PERSON. SORRY. BUT ANYWAY...
Not sure how I did... There were a few like 2/3 mark questions that caugt me out
Original post by PandaJules
Is it 270 out of 300 in practical+unit4+unit 5 or do I need above 90% in all three modules?
So basically if I nailed practical and unit 4, for example, and have 60+90=150 already, does it mean that I can get 120 in unit 5(which is like a or b) and still get an A*?

Yes that's an A*:smile:

As far as I am aware you need 270 UMS from g484-6 and at least 510 UMS overall

270 cumulatively. I'm going for the same, although my G486 flop meant I needed 97 in this. Hope you get it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone get for the Age of universe ? (just curious) : )
13.4 activity
64% transmitted ultrasound
1.8x10^-3 average current
520 Ks^-1 for the heating thing
16 for ratio of ke
?
Original post by matthew6665

1.4 x 10^10 y

1.4x10^10
Original post by L'Evil Fish
1.4 x 10^10 y

For the hubble constant was it something around 60-70 ? 65 or 67 i can't remember ?
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
13.4 activity
64% transmitted ultrasound
1.8x10^-3 average current
520 Ks^-1 for the heating thing
16 for ratio of ke
?

Yes I got all of those other than the heating question which I found the change in temp but ended up with a really small answer which I think I may have got wrong.
Original post by MO2898
270 cumulatively. I'm going for the same, although my G486 flop meant I needed 97 in this. Hope you get it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Impossible. Provided you get 90 and 60 ums
You need a minimum of 120/150 for am A*

1.4x10^10 years innit bruv

1.4*10^10ly
what the **** are you smoking ? 80% of people that i know did this exam said it was well harder than usual. Last year's was much easier...
Don't base grade boundaries on people from TSR , cause most people here are like A* candidates lol. I am sure that paper will not be more than 72 for an A.

LOL QUOTED THE WRONG PERSON. SORRY. BUT ANYWAY...

Lol I was wondering why you were telling me that! People I know found it alright. If it's 72 for an A. I'm so happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest