The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faaiz Shah
Easy 6 markers dont make up for calculations . Some calculations in turning points were kinda tricky.

Talking about the astro section bro
Original post by TheRAG
Do you think I'll get the mark for putting alpha is 0.05m and beta 0.1? (I've seen the alpha range to be 5cm on other papers)

I dunno as in the textbook it explicitly says 100mm and 1m
How did peopel calculate the density of the nucleas??

Mass of nucleons / volume of nucleus
Reply 2823
Original post by AR_95
**** this. Not checking any comments or mark schemes to get my self depressed over the summer

The paper was ok. Section A was straight forward APART FROM THE ****ING 6 MARKER

Section B was Hard (turning points) but the 6 marker was just bliss!!!

What was the hard bit in TP? Only 3~4 marks were hard. The rest were straight forward questions imo. I think 5D will have 62 for an a* and 54 for an a. Last year was much harder
Original post by QueNNch
Density = m/V
Calculate volume from 4/3πr^3
Take r from previous question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew!!! Was mass Au ??
For Astro, did people get the temp of the star to be 16000K or 5000K? If 5000K why?
Original post by Lizzieee4
You didn't have to write how to carry out the experiment I don't think

Yeah, I don't think you needed detail of apparatus, to a great degree. But just for 6 marks I didn't write much, compared to your average 6 mark question. So it feels as if things were missed out.
Original post by RemainSilent
for tha gold fold if a mixture of istopes of gold is added would the scattering change ? (1 marker)

No as isotopes have different number of neutrons which does not affect the electrostatic charge of the nucleus.
for density did anyone get 1.63*10^17?

Yep
for tha gold fold if a mixture of istopes of gold is added would the scattering change ? (1 marker)

No proton number is same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheRAG
For the lead one it was Q 4 or 5 on Section A (where they asked us to calculate the energy transferred to lead to heat it to it's melting point, then it melts.

For the 16000K one I think it was an Astrophysics question to find the black body temperature of a star

Yeah, haha, the mention of temperature made me worried I'd messed up a thermal question, but I didn't do Astro so that's good :tongue:
Original post by QueNNch
I wrote that ! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh FFS I thought it was MORE! So I put blurred!!
Original post by Ninja_heel
Talking about the astro section bro

Woops
Original post by mrno1324
Did you do astro?

Yes mate
Easy 6 markers dont make up for calculations . Some calculations in turning points were kinda tricky.

The only tricky one was the one where you had to find the voltage applied to the electron, otherwise most of it was quite straight forward.
Original post by king cobra
No proton number is same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes!!!!!thank **** holy **** nuggets!!!
Original post by Ninja_heel
Yes mate

Astro was hard.
Reply 2837
Wasn't the density 1.3 something x10^17?
Original post by k9000
The turning points question on measuring light speed.. Anyone do distance over time?
Other than that it was fine, some answers i got:
24V
11m
250 muons
First box
4.69x10^5V

I remember getting 11m and I believed I ticked the second box instead.

No change as charge of gold nucleus unchanged, force was electrostatic repulsion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending