The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
It's all the same force.

Yeah I know but electromagnetic repulsion has to be between a magnetic field and a charge and electrostatic repulsion between two opposite charges, there is an ever so slight difference between the two
Original post by normanjones
6 marker

Can't remember my exact wording (and I've never been good at engine cycle's so I can't assume it is correct) but something like:

More work done as pressure builds; due to adiabatic change going to a greater pressure.
Gas heats up more due to rate of change of pressure increasing (same revolutions per minute).
So power input required goes up as power does.

I can't really remember if those were all the main points I put; but most of them. And it was padded out with some other stuff that may be relevant.
An A last year was 45/75 dyu guys think it will be similar this year
For Q1 in Astro, what is the biggest distance between Vesta and Earth?
astro boundaries?

Know I've lost 12 definite marks, feel **** cause everyones saying how easy it was
Original post by Faaiz Shah
Yes!!! Thank god!!! I feel sorry for the other guy now.

what question is this?
Original post by Sbarron
Could you just say electrostatic force which causes them to be repelled??

Sure.

Original post by k9000
Work out the relativistic mass of the electron (i think the speed was 0.98c) then use E=mc^2 where m is the relativistic mass

Oh I was talking about a different question **** oops :tongue: Yeah pretty sure I got the right answer there :lol:
In Part A, what did people put for their experiment in the 6 marker?
I put something to do with a thick balloon, keep pressure constant, measure change in radius/volume for every change in temp, plot a graph and extrapolate; the absolute zero was the x intercept
Original post by Emmanuel12344
That's not wrong but I think they were looking for the other answer you may still get a mark

It was 2 marks so I'm fairly sure you got one mark for discussing the angle and then the other for saying about IR being absorbed, the clue was the bit which said 'on earth'. I'm fairly sure what I said was worth 2 marks
Original post by chizz1889
Yeah I know but electromagnetic repulsion has to be between a magnetic field and a charge and electrostatic repulsion between two opposite charges, there is an ever so slight difference between the two

It doesn't matter, the electromagnetic force was in play.
Original post by 0beany0
astro boundaries?

Know I've lost 12 definite marks, feel **** cause everyones saying how easy it was

I reckon for Astro it'll be

A*-65
A-59
Original post by Ninja_heel
I reckon for Astro it'll be

A*-65
A-59

doubt it. Has it ever been that high?
Original post by alex3107_
I put 80J for estimating the work done but they'll accept a range of answers as it was an estimate question.

was your paper PHYA5/2C or PHYA5/2CR?
Original post by Sbarron
Was that 2 marks??

Just 1 for 'state and explain'
Original post by Bowenabc
For Q1 in Astro, what is the biggest distance between Vesta and Earth?

4.4x1011m
For the 6 marker you had to do calculations,

I did difference in wavelength / wavelength all * C to give the velocity

It was like 2 something x 10 ^ 6

Did anyone do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoFreak
It doesn't matter, the electromagnetic force was in play.

No it wasnt as there's no magnetic field and a magnetic field isn't induced as there's no current?
Original post by chizz1889
It was 2 marks so I'm fairly sure you got one mark for discussing the angle and then the other for saying about IR being absorbed, the clue was the bit which said 'on earth'. I'm fairly sure what I said was worth 2 marks

It would be one mark for the effect and one for the reason
Original post by DomRauba
doubt it. Has it ever been that high?

Highest it's ever been is 63 for an A* in astro and that paper was harder then this paper
Original post by Puzzled_Logician
Has anyone else done Applied?

yup .. i got like 65J for the area work question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending