The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by MangoFreak
It doesn't matter, the electromagnetic force was in play.

I wrote both electromagnetic and electrostatic
Original post by Puzzled_Logician
Can't remember my exact wording (and I've never been good at engine cycle's so I can't assume it is correct) but something like:

More work done as pressure builds; due to adiabatic change going to a greater pressure.
Gas heats up more due to rate of change of pressure increasing (same revolutions per minute).
So power input required goes up as power does.

I can't really remember if those were all the main points I put; but most of them. And it was padded out with some other stuff that may be relevant.

Cool same, AC goes up yeah? and was your paper for section b PHYA5/2C or PHYA5/2CR? Because section a had an R on the end but b didnt?
Original post by kevincarreira
i said that it was too cool to be a dwarf star although I'm pretty sure I'm wrong now because i was thinking of white dwarf :/

How many marks was it? And how did you find the rest of the paper?
Original post by SuperMushroom
For the 6 marker you had to do calculations,

I did difference in wavelength / wavelength all * C to give the velocity

It was like 2 something x 10 ^ 6

Did anyone do this

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, but i got 1.1 * 10^5
Original post by chizz1889
No it wasnt as there's no magnetic field and a magnetic field isn't induced as there's no current?

You don't understand what the electromagnetic force is.
Just 1 for 'state and explain'

Sure?
Original post by DomRauba
doubt it. Has it ever been that high?

Yeah I really don't think it'll be that high. Me along with everyone else in my school thought astro was hard af.
Original post by Bealzibub
yup .. i got like 65J for the area work question

Something like that; I got 13 'big' squares for the area; that is all I can remember....
Original post by a.a.k
I wrote both electromagnetic and electrostatic

:lol: How'd you work that into a sentence? :tongue:
Grade boundaries for turning points?????????????
Original post by Bealzibub
yup .. i got like 65J for the area work question

what the hell was that salt tower thing :frown: ?
Original post by Sbarron
Sure?

Yeah
Original post by SuperMushroom
For the 6 marker you had to do calculations,

I did difference in wavelength / wavelength all * C to give the velocity

It was like 2 something x 10 ^ 6

Did anyone do this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would seem you did the difference from the peak of the wave to the trough, whereas you should have used the difference between the peak and the given lab value, giving a speed of 1.1x10^5
Poor quality image on earth due to IR being absorbed greatly by atmosphere, even though the angle is larger than smallest possible 😝

I don't think it could be that hard, they haven't said where they put the telescope, thus you'd assume they'd put it in a cool dry place because they want it to work right? But knowing AQA you are probably right, it would just be weird to assume that the people using the telescope put it in a place where it won't work well.
Original post by normanjones
Cool same, AC goes up yeah? and was your paper for section b PHYA5/2C or PHYA5/2CR? Because section a had an R on the end but b didnt?

Yeah; exactly.

Had the PHYA/2C paper, there was only an R on part A...
Reply 2955
Original post by natsciballer
Grade boundaries for turning points?????????????

67~68 cap, 62a*, 55 a
Original post by Puzzled_Logician
Something like that; I got 13 'big' squares for the area; that is all I can remember....

yup i got 13 too!

Did you get something like 55.6667 * 10^-3 for moment of intertia question
Original post by normanjones
what the hell was that salt tower thing :frown: ?

I had no ****ing idea .. lol

I just left it
Original post by Ninja_heel
Highest it's ever been is 63 for an A* in astro and that paper was harder then this paper

Is that for full UMS? I MIGHT be ok if it's 63.... I think I got around 60 but I'm looking for 113 ucas points :frown:
Original post by EconFan_73
Would seem you did the difference from the peak of the wave to the trough, whereas you should have used the difference between the peak and the given lab value, giving a speed of 1.1x10^5

THANK YOU SIR, I also got 1.1 * 10 ^ 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending