The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoFreak
As you obviously don't know, "electrostatics is a special case of electomagnetics". Quote straight from your own "proof".

As I've been saying, electrostatic repulsion and electromagnetic repulsion are the same thing in this context.

Another quote says that electromagnetics only occurs in the presence of electricity, was there electricity? Erm no?
Reply 2982
Anyone get 1.36x1017 for nuclear density?
How many marks in total was the double side page with Crms and the assumptions of kinetic model out of?
Original post by normanjones
same :smile:

for the washing machine did you say it curves with decreasing gradient for the graph because I decreases?

I honestly can't remember that bit; do you mean the non-constant acceleration? I just talked about how an impulse with no time is impossible; therefore acceleration takes time to change.
Original post by Rubgangsci
Pretty similar except I used a fixed volume container and measured pressure with a pressure gague barometer

I think the last point requires you to explain why 0 pressure would give you Absolute zero, which is because if theres no pressure , the particles are not moving, thus there must be no temperature, as KE is dependent on temperature.
For the age of the universe what did everyone get?
Original post by TheRAG
can anyone remember the name of the star?

I googled it and it is a dwarf star, however I also said main sequence and the temperature just seemed too high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poops13
How many marks in total was the double side page with Crms and the assumptions of kinetic model out of?

5 I believe
Original post by Ninja_heel

4.7e17 or something like that

Rounded up to around 15 x 10 ^ 17 seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DomRauba
1 mark

Phew I'm getting marks back now lol
Original post by Andy1834
The highest the cap has ever been is about 59, it will not be as high as 67

Is that for turning points? Are you sure?
Reply 2993
Original post by MangoFreak
No, actually :lol:

Great!!

4.9 * 10 ^ 17 I think or 1.4 , don't remember
Original post by chizz1889
Another quote says that electromagnetics only occurs in the presence of electricity, was there electricity? Erm no?

:lolwut: Do you actually understand what you're talking about?

Electricity is a changing electric field, which induces a magnetic field. Electrostatics are a special case of this where the electric field isn't changing, so no magnetic field is induced.

It's still electromagnetic repulsion, because the alpha particle was repulsed by the electromagnetic force.
Original post by k9000
Anyone get 1.36x1017 for nuclear density?

Yeah I got this too. It seemed a little low though I thought nuclear density was about 3x1017?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah dude even my teacher thinks it'll be 65 for an A* which is 108ums

Oh no!
Original post by SuperMushroom
I googled it and it is a dwarf star, however I also said main sequence and the temperature just seemed too high

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know how many marks that was? And how did you find the rest of the paper?
Reply 2999
Original post by Andy1834
The highest the cap has ever been is about 59, it will not be as high as 67

Highest cap was 67 lol june 2011

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending