The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DomRauba
5 I believe

Are you sure? Please can someone confirm this, for both those pages?
Original post by SuperMushroom
Rounded up to around 15 x 10 ^ 17 seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was definitely 4.something, I converter it to years to check and 4.something*10^17 came out as 15 billion years
There is no chill in this thread rn. I'm pretty sure they'll accept both electromagnetic and electrostatic :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3003
Original post by _Caz_
Yeah I got this too. It seemed a little low though I thought nuclear density was about 3x1017?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's fine fam, this purple cgp said 1.47x10^17
4.9 * 10 ^ 17 I think or 1.4 , don't remember

I got 1.4 * 10^17 :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same

Yeah I got 4.9x10^17 also
Rounded up to around 15 x 10 ^ 17 seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile

5x10^17
Original post by poops13
Are you sure? Please can someone confirm this, for both those pages?

2 marks for assumption , 1 for rms squared, and 2 for temperature. which was 320 K
Original post by TheRAG
Do you know how many marks that was? And how did you find the rest of the paper?

I believe it was 1 mark for ticking the box then 2 marks explaining, I found the rest of the paper relatively easily apart from the odd few. How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 marks for assumption , 1 for rms squared, and 2 for temperature. which was 320 K

Cheers mate, and that was for both pages yea
Original post by MangoFreak
:lolwut: Do you actually understand what you're talking about?

Electricity is a changing electric field, which induces a magnetic field. Electrostatics are a special case of this where the electric field isn't changing, so no magnetic field is induced.

It's still electromagnetic repulsion, because the alpha particle was repulsed by the electromagnetic force.

Yes I do, electricity requires a flow of electrons but this was alpha particles not electrons so there wasn't electricity! If it were electrons being deflected by the nuclei I'd agree with you as a magnetic field would be induced but in this case it wont
Original post by Ninja_heel
For the age of the universe what did everyone get?

About 4.8*10^17 s so around 15 billion years. I just did d/v because there was no point calculating the hubble constant. Are you allowed to do that?
Original post by StarvingAutist
About 4.8*10^17 s so around 15 billion years. I just did d/v because there was no point calculating the hubble constant. Are you allowed to do that?

Yeah that's what I did after converting LY to m 😛
unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by StarvingAutist

Can you explain this please?? I calculated the Hubble constant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k9000
Highest cap was 67 lol june 2011

I'm sorry, i was talking about 5d
I believe it was 1 mark for ticking the box then 2 marks explaining, I found the rest of the paper relatively easily apart from the odd few. How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah found it ok apart from the astro 6 marker, I stated the formula of how to calculate v but didn't do the calculation:angry: and I got a time period of just over 5 days
Original post by _Caz_
There is no chill in this thread rn. I'm pretty sure they'll accept both electromagnetic and electrostatic :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't doubt that, I just don't appreciate it when someone tells me that I don't understand something when I do so I'm arguing my point 😉
Reply 3019
Original post by Andy1834
I'm sorry, i was talking about 5d

I know so am i

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending