The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4940
Original post by NilaJ
I'm pretty sure the question mentioned a genetic reason why, sorry :frown:

but itsnt the fact that there was no random mating isnt that a bit genetic looooooooooooool
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4942
Original post by hajs
exactly what i was thinking

ahhh yeah, that's the question! i had forgot until now but i remember writing something like that
Original post by NilaJ
UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME COMPLETE GOOGLE DOC, message me for any changes nobody can have permissions to edit sorry <3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sW_toUaWLpw7QcKANIHIUpIHleUwiZjA6nuZEo5-9Lg/edit?usp=sharing

Can you say that the trial was only done once and it needs to be repeated for the question about validity

Also can the flight or fight response be involved when the light was shone on the person's eye (eg: hypothalamus stimulated, releases adrenaline, increases activity in sympathetic nervous system etc)

Thank you
Original post by khancat
Can you say that the trial was only done once and it needs to be repeated for the question about validity

Also can the flight or fight response be involved when the light was shone on the person's eye (eg: hypothalamus stimulated, releases adrenaline, increases activity in sympathetic nervous system etc)

Thank you

Validity isn't reliability..
Validity is it tests for what it says it tests for in this you could argue it doesn't as those 31 children may have another mutation which allowed the other drug to work such as they had a mutation which didn' let the first drug ork and normal children wouldn't have it
Reliability is retesting as you said..
If repeated and gets the same results won't improve validity because it can be wrong twice

Also The flight or fight could be argued but it asked why he moved.. and movement isn't really done by the horomonal system so i don't think you would get many marks maybe 1 or two for that as it is a good answer, I also considered that but i decided to go with nerves.. best of luck to you and I just used the marking scheme and i only got 70 marks woop woop..
Original post by p208134
Validity is it tests for what it says it tests for in this you could argue it doesn't as those 31 children may have another mutation which allowed the other drug to work such as they had a mutation which didn' let the first drug ork and normal children wouldn't have it
If repeated and gets the same results won't improve validity because it can be wrong twice

Also The flight or fight could be argued but it asked why he moved.. and movement isn't really done by the horomonal system so i don't think you would get many marks maybe 1 or two for that as it is a good answer, I also considered that but i decided to go with nerves.. best of luck to you and I just used the marking scheme and i only got 70 marks woop woop..

hey if you just mentioned its an innate behaviour a reflex to protect the person against stress i.e light getting into the eyes and stated some characteristic about innate ie its fast acting not learned could you get 1 mark atleast :frown:
Reply 4946
Original post by khancat

Thank you

Yes on the study, but I don't think so on adrenaline, it is too slow in action as a mechanism for this response I think.
Original post by khancat

Thank you

Original post by p208134

I talked about the fact that they might be taking other drugs so the study might not show the effect of the single drug under investigation...

I think there are loads of possible responses as long as you talk about validity
hey if you just mentioned its an innate behaviour a reflex to protect the person against stress i.e light getting into the eyes and stated some characteristic about innate ie its fast acting not learned could you get 1 mark atleast

I hope I can atleast get 55 :frown: how many ums would that b please this year? Do you think grade boundaries will go up or down? have any of ur teachers commented on it?
Original post by Solarburst
I talked about the fact that they might be taking other drugs so the study might not show the effect of the single drug under investigation...

I think there are loads of possible responses as long as you talk about validity

Did it ask for validity or reliability? Didn't a question ask about reliability...? I remember reading that somewhere so spoke about no repeats.. =/
GUESS IM PANICKING WAS THIS PAPER EASIER THAN JAN 2013 :frown: because a C was 65 in jan 2013 :frown: I am so stressed out :frown:
Original post by Rain97
Did it ask for validity or reliability? Didn't a question ask about reliability...? I remember reading that somewhere so spoke about no repeats.. =/

Pretty sure it was validity buddy :/
Original post by Solarburst

I know that validity is you test for you aim to test for.. so if arguing that the participants or the procedure is incorrect or any reason why the results can't be generalised will get you the mark...
I'm feeling happy for taking psychology now :smile:
What will get 120 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
What will get 120 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think this paper was easier than JAN 2013???
Original post by games211
Do you think this paper was easier than JAN 2013???

I thought the paper was hard. Don't see boundaries going above 64 A. Perhaps 63 same as last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
I thought the paper was hard. Don't see boundaries going above 64 A. Perhaps 63 same as last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh cool its just I need a mid C and in jan 2013 c was 65 :frown:
Reply 4957
oh cool its just I need a mid C and in jan 2013 c was 65 :frown:

I understand the panic, but either way, what's done is done - nothing any of us can do can change it now. If your exams are over, the best think you can do is just stop thinking about it. Come August, it might transpire that you were worrying for no reason. Nothing you can do until then - good luck! :smile:
Original post by Daxen
I understand the panic, but either way, what's done is done - nothing any of us can do can change it now. If your exams are over, the best think you can do is just stop thinking about it. Come August, it might transpire that you were worrying for no reason. Nothing you can do until then - good luck! :smile:

I have maths on monday-last exam :frown: I AM SO SCARED I really need this grade for uni
Reply 4959
I have maths on monday-last exam :frown: I AM SO SCARED I really need this grade for uni

Same, whether I get into uni or not is going to hinge on my last exam - it's the only subject that I can achieve my highest offer grade for (Geography tomorrow :frown: ) ugh. Well best of luck for Maths! Hope it goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending