The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

For the 6 mark in astro I spoke about obstructions for the apparent magnitude changes and then about blue/red shift for the changing wavelength
Original post by chizz1889
Yeah it will do that, but I don't think you had to be specific as it just said explain why it is so it will be:
Neutrons absorbed(1)
Nuclei unstable (1)

Okay thanks, hopefully I'm fine
Original post by MangoFreak
Electromagnetic/electrostatic.

Nah i remeber in a pp it was strong interaction for alpha and electromagnetic for electrons
Original post by LeGeraldine
did anyone do applied?

I did! what did you think of the paper?
Not a bad paper I don't think, couple of difficult maths questions in in 5D, probaly 63 for full ums, 58 for and a star I would imagine.
Original post by Bricktop
Nah i remeber in a pp it was strong interaction for alpha and electromagnetic for electrons

:lolwut: The alpha particle was deflected by the nucleus because they were both positively charged, resulting in electrostatic repulsion.
Yeah definitely (if we're talking about the same question). If you'd just written Brownian motion you probably wouldn't have though.

I put average speed constant and molecules move in a straight line in between collisions
Original post by Bricktop

You're probably getting confused between why alpha occurs, which is the electrostatic/magnetic force between the protons in the nucleus is large than the strong force keeping the nucleus together
Original post by Sbarron
I put average speed constant and molecules move in a straight line in between collisions

Neither of those really work :frown:
Neither of those really work :frown:

Well that's what was in all my revision guides so I put that
Medical physics anyone???
What did people get for the black body temperature question?
For motion of particles, i said collisions with wall of container and other particles are perfectly elastic, and the particles move rapidly and randomly?
Original post by Sbarron
Well that's what was in all my revision guides so I put that

Maybe I'm wrong: I do that :tongue:
Original post by lad123
For motion of particles, i said collisions with wall of container and other particles are perfectly elastic, and the particles move rapidly and randomly?

I said the time taken during an impact with the container is much shorter than the time between successive impacts, and that the motion is totally random.
Right, well now that's over... SUMMER!
will there be any unofficial markschemes for part A?? and turning points?:smile:
I did (Q=MCT)-(Q=ml) will I lose all 3 marks?
Original post by Jed-Singh
I did (Q=MCT)-(Q=ml) will I lose all 3 marks?

You should get 1 I think
Original post by aprocrastinator
Medical physics anyone???

Yep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending