The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
lmao i defined what electric field strength is not explain what an electric field is

oh well i think i got an A still and no more physics ever again

finally done with this crap and i can throw all my notes and books away now

don't really care about what marks i get now tbh
Original post by ETRC
lmao i defined what electric field strength is not explain what an electric field is

oh well i think i got an A still and no more physics ever again

finally done with this crap and i can throw all my notes and books away now

don't really care about what marks i get now tbh

Oh yeah that was weird!
Not sure if 'E fields arise as a result of charged objects and can exert forces on other charged objects' will do the job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lousamnap
What don't you get!!! ostri and physics DONT MIX!!!!

Did you not do the g481 mechanics paper last year? :wink:
Original post by rosstoal
With the rate of temperature rise, I'm sure you had to minus 273 degrees. As it asked for it in Celsius, and specific heat capacity is joules per kelvin
I got it to be in the 300s

Nope. The energy required to raise temp by one kelvin or degree C for a given mass of a given material is the same. Hence rate will be the same.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Because they need them for their offers...

Well I don't know which unis give such high offers.. 2 people I know are going Oxbridge and both have AAA offers :s So I guessed that ****ter unis will not have A* offers cause that's just mad.

It won't be that high...
On that first question about the electron entering the magnetic field, did people put the electron decelerated to rest then accelerated in the opposite direction out of the hole????
The electric field was opposing the motion of the electron right??
Say, what did you guys do to find the current?

I ended up with a value to the -6 which seemed way too small.

I used f=1/t and Q=VC then found Q from exponential decay.
After I divided this by t for average current.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oraeng
On that first question about the electron entering the magnetic field, did people put the electron decelerated to rest then accelerated in the opposite direction out of the hole????

Yeah, I thought it just went back through the hole because the field and current were in the same direction, so motion would be opposing field direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatart123
Should be around 74 for an A and 80ish for an A*? Wasn't much written crap that gives people easy marks tbh

That's about average so probably, yeah. Average A is 83 of the newer papers.
Original post by Genty Boy
Yeah, I thought it just went back through the hole because the field and current were in the same direction, so motion would be opposing field direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo good!
Original post by leroythelost
I love how you said that just after I finished working out I got about 78 in this paper..Thank anyway.

How did you work that out?
Original post by Oraeng

Yeah, I said it will definitely decelerate, but whether it stops and reverses is down to the strength of the electric field as they didn't give us any explicit values of that, or not that I can remember anyway.
Pretty nice paper I thought. I liked the star-ratio questions. Everything seemed fair enough.

Little gutted about multiplying by 0.01 instead of 0.99 on the heat change question though. Ah well. Exams are over! :biggrin:
Original post by Genty Boy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely that only applies for magnetic fields? It was an electric field so don't you mention it accelerating to 24eV?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Room Student
Pretty nice paper I thought. I liked the star-ratio questions. Everything seemed

Little gutted about multiplying by 0.01 instead of 0.99 on the heat change question though. Ah well. Exams are over! :biggrin:

You do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matthew6665
Well I don't know which unis give such high offers.. 2 people I know are going Oxbridge and both have AAA offers :s So I guessed that ****ter unis will not have A* offers cause that's just mad.

Those are humanities at Oxford.

Cambridge offers are A*A*A for sciences

And somehow I don't think Cambridge is ****ter

Manchester Physics A*A*A

Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, Manchester all give higher offers
Original post by yfp786
it said intensity passing through NOT reflected, so you must minus the reflected percentage (36) from full percentage (100) to get intensity passing through

Yeah I did all that but for some reason I got 60% i think not 64... not sure what happened in my calculation 8(
I got 1.5 not 1.4 for age of universe =/. (x10^10)
First parts of paper were harder than later parts I thought! Was really hoping for 7 mark MRI scan question but no :frown:
Hope I did enough, made some mistakes, couldn't get answer for horizontal displacement one. Oh well enjoy summer and wait for August

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending