The Student Room Group

A2 AQA German June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boo249
I wrote "Der Kampf gegen kinderliche Krankheiten müss gewinnen werden" Is that okay?

I put almost the same but 'gewonnen' and couldn't think how to translate childhood so I put 'Kinderkrankheiten' or something whoops
Reply 101
I did the essay on Nebenfiguren - anyone else?
Reply 102
Original post by danihamilt0n
I put almost the same but 'gewonnen' and couldn't think how to translate childhood so I put 'Kinderkrankheiten' or something whoops

Yours sounds better - damn! I had no idea - that english to german was hard! Which essay did you do?
The wind turbine question was just difficult to get your head round it took me too long to read them again and again to decide which fitted in which
Original post by Boo249
Yours sounds better - damn! I had no idea - that english to german was hard! Which essay did you do?

Yeah it was much harder than german to english which is weird bc I usually find it to be the other way round??? The one about the security system was a dream wasn't it?? I did the one which was like what factors make the director's work successful or something, I answered it about Das Leben der Anderen. Which did you do?
I really hope the boundaries are considerably lower than last year !!!
Reply 106
Yeah it was much harder than german to english which is weird bc I usually find it to be the other way round??? The one about the security system was a dream wasn't it?? I did the one which was like what factors make the director's work successful or something, I answered it about Das Leben der Anderen. Which did you do?

The literature one on supporting characters -m my book was "Das Brot der frühen Jahre" by Heinrich Böll. The german to english was pretty alright - best question on the paper!
Original post by Boo249
The literature one on supporting characters -m my book was "Das Brot der frühen Jahre" by Heinrich Böll. The german to english was pretty alright - best question on the paper!

I was contemplating answering that question about Die Verwandlung but decided against it as I more to say about DLdA, too much more it seems as I rushed the second half like mad and was still writing in the last second so had no time to check through any of the paper :frown: I swear two and a half hours is not enough! And I completely agree! There were a few words I was unsure of, but I don't think the meaning will be too impaired, so that's one good thing I guess.
Original post by dill1996
Found the english to german translations a little hard! But thought german to english was quite nice. Liked the film essay too on factors leading to success

Did you just talk about the film and say thing like "was ich erfolgreich fand..."

Posted from TSR Mobile

gewonnen is right and I put Kinderkrankheiten too it's right dw :smile:
Original post by manlikem
gewonnen is right and I put Kinderkrankheiten too it's right dw :smile:

That's reassuring, thank you!!

I also studied Das Leben der Anderen and answered the same question you did. What did you say was successful about the film? My 3 points were historical authenticity, being a good emotional story and having a positive message about humankind (that people like Wiesler will always end up good even if brought up under propaganda).
Original post by StolenUsername
I also studied Das Leben der Anderen and answered the same question you did. What did you say was successful about the film? My 3 points were historical authenticity, being a good emotional story and having a positive message about humankind (that people like Wiesler will always end up good even if brought up under propaganda).

Ah those all sound like such good ideas. My first point was that it's historically educational, tells us of a part of German history that is not usually mentioned in films and avoids the 'Ostalgie' of films such as Goodbye Lenin etc. Think I rambled on about how we see the atrocities of the Stasi for a while. Next I talked about the love story and how it's an effective means of showing us the effects of the Stasi bc they ultimately cause CM's suicide etc. I was going to make my final points about the actual techniques: dark colours, use of sound etc. but now I literally cannot recall what I put as I realised I had about 5 minutes left and just squeezed something in before shoving in a conclusion which I'm now not even sure related very well to the question. :frown:
Original post by Leanne1455
Did you just talk about the film and say thing like "was ich erfolgreich fand..."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi yeah so what I did was:

1) Film techniques to show Wieslers tranformation
2) Symbols so how he uses their relationship to show how bad like was
3) he makes us reflect on how Wiesler and Dreyman show courage and like that's something hard because they risk everything
4) He shows how powerful the stasi were through music and tension (during the bugging of the apt)
5) Talked about the role of art in the film shown and how it influences Wiesler

and yeah said why each thing was successful so like fascinating, gives us perspective etc
Original post by platypus1997
i thought it was the fight against childhood illnesses must be won?

Yes that was the second to last translation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote kinderkrankenheiten too! Haha
Do you remember what word you used for the 1st sentence on 'continues to rapidly grow' - for 'continue'? I wrote fortsetzen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clytemnestra
I wrote kinderkrankenheiten too! Haha
Do you remember what word you used for the 1st sentence on 'continues to rapidly grow' - for 'continue'? I wrote fortsetzen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god!! I made up a word hahaha, had a complete mind blank, so annoyed at myself about that but I don't think it was a word I was ever very familiar with, fortsetzen seems perfect though
Thank god!! I made up a word hahaha, had a complete mind blank, so annoyed at myself about that but I don't think it was a word I was ever very familiar with, fortsetzen seems perfect though

Don't worry, I made more than one silly mistake on the paper myself -e.g the windenergie reading bit. Let's just hope the grade boundaries are kind, I need at least a B to get into uni. The only thing left to do is wait.. This time in two months we will have had our results! Good luck and all the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clytemnestra
Don't worry, I made more than one silly mistake on the paper myself -e.g the windenergie reading bit. Let's just hope the grade boundaries are kind, I need at least a B to get into uni. The only thing left to do is wait.. This time in two months we will have had our results! Good luck and all the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That question was nasty! So do I, I think if I get a C on this paper I can still get a B overall, though I need ABB overall and I can't see that happening at this rate :frown: Where are you hoping to go? Best of luck to you also :smile:
Reply 119
I think I put 'die Weltbevölkerung wird immer weiter schnell wachsen' will that be okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending