The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam harperRB
Yeah i cant either, neither can my friends, heres a link to a PDF which goes through everything on the website:

http://www.thensmc.com/sites/default/files/Riders%20for%20Health%20FULL%20case%20study_0.pdf

Thanks! Life Saver!
Original post by sarahlz2609
Our teacher has said that we could. They could ask about the usefulness of the website and the information it presents. Also about improvements that could be made to improve the website

ive never seen any questions like that in past papers, because it says you should not you must look at them
Anyone know why there are still some areas of relatively high population density, well away from the high relief and cropland, with low precipitation?
With reference to the maps in Item 2 explain Kenya’s uneven population density (10)
What can be said for 10 marks?? thanks x
Original post by beth09g
Does anyone know where I can get hold of this zigzag booklet? Or would someone be kind enough to take pictures of it and send it to me? I havent been given this booklet and It seems to be very helpful!

I think its a package your school has to pay for
Are we expected to remember a hell of a lot of statistics for this exam? Is it mostly just common sense and some background knowledge of Kenya and the Riders?
Original post by coronatheatre
With reference to the maps in Item 2 explain Kenya’s uneven population density (10)
What can be said for 10 marks?? thanks x

1. Desert in the North in uninhabitable
2. Relief rainfall in mountains to the SW means cropland is plentiful
3. Mobasa along the coast due to main port city, home of countries trade
4. All mainly southerly due to lower aridity
5. Population centred around mainly relief rainfall
6. Density of poverty map shows that no population in certain areas due to national parks
Original post by cjgrounds1
Anyone know why there are still some areas of relatively high population density, well away from the high relief and cropland, with low precipitation?

Mainly due to areas of cash crops that are subsidised by the government for economic export
Original post by sapphirehaze
Are we expected to remember a hell of a lot of statistics for this exam? Is it mostly just common sense and some background knowledge of Kenya and the Riders?

Not a hell of a lot but a few as they allow for before and after contrasts to be made
discuss how helpful Riders 4 health is with meeting the kenyas health service logistics and staffing issue (10), how would you tackle this?
1. Desert in the North in uninhabitable
2. Relief rainfall in mountains to the SW means cropland is plentiful
3. Mobasa along the coast due to main port city, home of countries trade
4. All mainly southerly due to lower aridity
5. Population centred around mainly relief rainfall
6. Density of poverty map shows that no population in certain areas due to national parks

thanks a lot!!!!
Original post by Jessica Starfell
discuss how helpful Riders 4 health is with meeting the kenyas health service logistics and staffing issue (10), how would you tackle this?

1. Graph in item 1 showing average number of people reached after the riders increased to 450 from 60
2. Increase in vehicles to 77 shows a growing potential for management
3. Basic education in repairing and replacing enabling them to be less reliant on foreign intervention for new vehicles
4. Their bottom up grass roots intitative reaching the people that are hard to reach, lowering the urban/rural disparity
5. Staff issue by opening a training camp in Kisumu
CBO's?

Community based organisations, these are the health charities that riders partners with and who they lone or lease there bikes to.
Thank you so much!
ive never seen any questions like that in past papers, because it says you should not you must look at them

They can and usually do ask about information that is stated as extra reading. Last year they asked a question with referenced to further research you have do on the topic which is item 5.

If you were not expecting this you are in for a rough time tomorrow
Original post by MikeBird
They can and usually do ask about information that is stated as extra reading. Last year they asked a question with referenced to further research you have do on the topic which is item 5.

If you were not expecting this you are in for a rough time tomorrow

No i understand that, i was implying that they wont ask you a question like, how could the extra research website be made more accessible.
And dont worry about me, ive read the Kenyan 2030 manifesto cover to cover and have extensive notes on corruption suits, telecoms industry, toyota pipeline initiative, Kenyan national airport, percentages comparison of all aspects of development factors from 1997 and 2014
can anyone help with answering these questions please? not too sure what natural assets means :/
1) Explain how exploitation of rural areas in Kenya is threatening some of its key natural assets (8)
2) Why is it important for Kenya’s development that its natural assets are not degraded (10)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MedievalWitch
can anyone help with answering these questions pleas? not too sure what natural assets means :/
1) Explain how exploitation of rural areas in Kenyais threatening some of its key natural assets (8)2) Why is it important for Kenya’s development thatits natural assets are not degraded (10)

1). Overuse of fuelwood at 70% national energy mix threatens the 3.8% forest cover
2). Destruction of woodland encroaches on national parks which are key for tourism economics
3. May reduce biodiversity again meaning tourism is affected
4). The 5 water towers of kenya (big forest regions) may be reduced
5). May create an advance in desertification

Question 2:

10 points include:

Key for tourism
Biodiversity to maintain MDG 7
Lead to increased pollution
May increase work in the informal sector therefore reducing government revenue
Will mean that they cannot be utilized by future generations
Safari parks and nature reserves are a big part of the future
Kenya has one of the largest reliance's on its natural envrionment of any african nattion
Key for tea and coffee it produces
Shows it is devoted to achieving MDG's
1). Overuse of fuelwood at 70% national energy mix threatens the 3.8% forest cover
2). Destruction of woodland encroaches on national parks which are key for tourism economics
3. May reduce biodiversity again meaning tourism is affected
4). The 5 water towers of kenya (big forest regions) may be reduced
5). May create an advance in desertification

Question 2:

10 points include:

Key for tourism
Biodiversity to maintain MDG 7
Lead to increased pollution
May increase work in the informal sector therefore reducing government revenue
Will mean that they cannot be utilized by future generations
Safari parks and nature reserves are a big part of the future
Kenya has one of the largest reliance's on its natural envrionment of any african nattion
Key for tea and coffee it produces
Shows it is devoted to achieving MDG's

okay thank you :smile: would 5 points be enough for 8 marks if you expand on them?
Original post by MedievalWitch
okay thank you :smile: would 5 points be enough for 8 marks if you expand on them?

Yeah i tend to go with however many marks the question is do half the mark as individual points then develop them, unless its a 20 marker or more then intro and conclusion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending