The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Only just got in because half of my friends are celebrating finishing their exams ( :'( ), thought it was a pretty lovely paper though overall! Liked the six markers a lot, they were so nice. Made at least 1 stupid mistake that I know of so far but oh well.
Original post by CD223
I agree. The actual paper for C4 wasn't difficult I just dropped quite a few marks. Praying for 180 :s-smilie:

I'm not religious :wink: but after chemistry this year, I just need to hope, and 'pray' for the grades I need for Bristol...

Also like me and physics 4 then....
Original post by roar96
Right, well now that's over... SUMMER!

Shut up; I still have three exams :frown:
Original post by Puzzled_Logician
I think you square each value (of speed) and divide through by 3 then, to get the Crms^2

It's was 1 mark right
Original post by Puzzled_Logician
Yeah; for CHEM4 I found I run out of time, too many questions of typical difficulty where you'd normally have 9.

But none of my exams stick out as going drastically badly to be honest..

Both Chemistry papers I found okay, and only really 2 out of 10 of my exams so far have gone bad, all in all they've gone well enough for uni
Reply 3285
Original post by Lau14
Only just got in because half of my friends are celebrating finishing their exams ( :'( ), thought it was a pretty lovely paper though overall! Liked the six markers a lot, they were so nice. Made at least 1 stupid mistake that I know of so far but oh well.

What mistake? I made several?:/
Original post by Emmanuel12344
It's was 1 mark right

Just 74 more to go...
Original post by CD223
What mistake? I made several?:/

I must have done a typo for calculating the radius of that star because my answer was the one I heard from all my friends but to the power 8 so out by a factor of 100 or so :/ which means my tick box (dwarf, giant, main sequence) was wrong so hoping for some follow through there! Haven't found any other mistakes that I made yet but I'm sure there are some
Original post by QueNNch
Density = m/V
Calculate volume from 4/3πr^3
Take r from previous question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did u use m = 51?
Original post by king cobra
No proton number is same

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the neutron number changes so wouldn't the nucleon number be bigger or smaller so the size of the nucleus should be different.

So shouldn't the dispersion be different?
astro was definitely harder than last years in my opinion
For the 6-mark astro question, did you have to actually calculate T and v, or did you just have to explain how they would be calculated? I explained both in some detail, but didn't produce values.
Did the question specify that you had to calculate them, or did it simply ask how you'd evaluate them?
Original post by Disney0702
Did u use m = 51?

51 times the mass of a neutron or proton
Original post by StarvingAutist
For the 6-mark astro question, did you have to actually calculate T and v, or did you just have to explain how they would be calculated? I explained both in some detail, but didn't produce values.
Did the question specify that you had to calculate them, or did it simply ask how you'd evaluate them?

It said to do suitable calculations in the question so you should have actually done them I think
Original post by TheRAG
Did we all get 318/320K for the last (Part A) Q on temperature of a gas?

I did! :smile:
Reply 3295
Original post by Disney0702
I did! :smile:

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superduperbob
51 times the mass of a neutron or proton

Oh! Oooops :colondollar:
For astro, m-M= 5 log d/10 is d measured in parsecs?? I converted into parsecs and idk if i should have :///
Reply 3298
Original post by Lau14
I must have done a typo for calculating the radius of that star because my answer was the one I heard from all my friends but to the power 8 so out by a factor of 100 or so :/ which means my tick box (dwarf, giant, main sequence) was wrong so hoping for some follow through there! Haven't found any other mistakes that I made yet but I'm sure there are some

I said main sequence because it had similar output to the sun :s-smilie:
Original post by Lau14
It said to do suitable calculations in the question so you should have actually done them I think

For ****'s sake. Assuming this is true, how many marks would I lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending